Stupidvisors working...a political debate

tieguy

Banned
Re: Stupidvisors working...

On your long list of terrorist actions. Only one was made by a guy of middle eastern decent on homeland.

Ah dude I don't know how to spring this on you but the middle east does not own a patent on terrorism. The US has been a constant target of terrorism which I proved to you after you tried to deny it the first time.

Thats the problem. Bush has got the American people to believe were going to get hit at home.

Bush did not have to fabricate that one. 2900 americans lost their lives on 9/11 due to a terrorist act on our soil. None since then. those are the facts.

The Oklahoma City bombing was Tim McViegh and he does not have any al queda ties. Or are you going to pull a Cheney and link him to al queda and along with iraq. Which reports have already proven there were no such ties.

The tim mcviegh act was an act of terrorism on our soil by a terrorist. Its still relevant. When someone is getting ready to blow up me or my family I don't stop and ask them their nationality. Do You?

Theyre always going to be terrorist actions across the world. Its just how the world is going to be until theres an even playing field where people across the world aren't dying from disease and malnutrition, people around the world are going to be pissed off at America at its high and mighty status. How many more leaders are we going to assassinate, or how much money are we going to give to underground revolutions for our benefit. This is why theyre pissed at us, its our fault. We gave money to Israel to push out Palestinians. This is what is central to the whole thought of al queda.

With all due respect you don't know a dang thing about what al queda is thinking except one thing. they want to kill americans and lots of them. I don't want to say oh well there will be terrorist acts until someone decides the world is fair. I want a president that says I'm going to hammer them so hard they don't have time to come here and kill anymore innocent americans on american soil. But if we do adopt this pacifist attitude could you do us a favor and offer up your family to die first?

Did bush stop the london train bombing, did bush stop the madrid train bombing, no he didn't. Its impossible to be a world police.

Weird question dude. When did we decide we were going to police those countries? Stay on topic here.

You know and I know our borders are still letting millions of mexicans to do cheap labor.

many more nationalities then mexicans. If you elect one of those two liberals then you might as well hand your job to one of those "mexicans" as you call them. they will flood the country with illegals.

Why dont we put a stop to that. Im sure a terrorist could walk across so easily and arrive at the destination of bombing it wouldnt be hard since the millions of mexicans that have come into this country. The money we need for our infrastructure is going to iraq which whenever we leave iraq will go to hell anyways.

If you want to close the borders you better elect another republican.

You no idea of the history of iraq. Thats why Saddam was so cruel.

Woa! Did you just try to justify Saddam kiling a million people?

The violence is not due to al queda as much as Bush says it is its between these 3 factions but mainly the Sunnis and Shiites. Thats why the whole education world who actually know history know that this is a war that cant be won. Bush and UPS are sorta alike. They like to lie in order to get people to believe in what they say.

kind of like america with all these different religions? You claim I don't know Iraqi history. You don't know world history. Many countries have diverse religions that learn to co-exist. Iraq is not unique.

BrownShark

Banned

TIEGUY,

One thing that amazes me about you is the level of naivete about you. you try to sound intelligent because you post something, yet, each has no legitimate substance.

You claim to know about history, I am about to demonstrate some to you using your logic.

You said:
With all due respect you don't know a dang thing about what al queda is thinking except one thing. they want to kill americans and lots of them. I don't want to say oh well there will be terrorist acts until someone decides the world is fair. I want a president that says I'm going to hammer them so hard they don't have time to come here and kill anymore innocent americans on american soil. But if we do adopt this pacifist attitude could you do us a favor and offer up your family to die first?
The Bush administration likes to use WWII as a comparable to the war in IRAQ or the greater exageration, The war on terror. However, the only real comparative between the war in iraq and WWII is the methodology used to sell the war to people (AMERICANS) like you.

Its clear from your written words that you took the line, hook and sinker.

Let me clue you in to a little something from the Third Riech. It comes from a time in history, where a man took his country on a "global war" along with an ideology of christianity as a guide. This man used his media to sell this idea everyday on the radio, using repetitive boasts about success and victory for the homeland. His exact words are being displayed today by conservative radio and tv hosts each and everyday to complete this sale. You clearly have invested all you have into those ideals.

But where did they come from?? Who would propagate such a rouse??

It was Hermann Goering, the #2 man in the Third Reich. The propaganda minister of the Nazi party. During his trial at Nuremburg, he spoke endlessly about making the citizens of Germany buy into a global war using not only patriotism but religion as a tool.

He said this:

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
~Hermann Goering~

You called the poster a "pacifist" and made references of pacifism to other posters. You talk about defending the homeland as the Nazis did on a daily basis. The Bush administration uses many propaganda tools to sell to guys like you in order to sell the war, you see, its the morons like yourself who will repeat them to others in a staunch defense of the action. Patriotism is always attacked first, just as you have. Bill Orielly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limpbaugh and the others atack peoples patriotism each and everyday and guys like you eat it up! Makes you feel Real Good!! "Im a proud american!!"

Thats suppose to make you feel better?? Not really, when you look at all the facts about the war.

"Better to fight them there than fight them here", "Freedom isnt free", "we will wipe out the terrorists"...etc etc..

You are clueless to the level of propaganda you have been sold.

Of all the endless crr*p you posted, NOT ONE WAS connected to Iraq. Yet you boldly support the effort there even though over 250K civilians have been killed since our liberation of the country. Over 10 million have fled the country into neighboring countries to flee the violence and religious bloodshed.

The premise of the war has changed several times, people like you change along with it because the rhetoric used to sell it makes you feel good about yourself as an american.

So did the German citizens.

Rah rah rah, red white and blue, the jokes on you.

We are the laughing stock of the world, our credibility in the world has been reduced, and for what?

To make Iraq the largest privatized war in history of mankind? To waste almost a trillion dollars and cost us 1000 dead soldiers every year of war?

We broke a country and we have no way of repairing it. We didnt go there to be a global police so our troops can walk the streets directing traffic or handing out canday bars to kids. We dont have the troops to leave there for years separating one religious faction from the other.

We awoke a religious hatred that has existed for hundreds of years, and to believe that merely sending in more troops is going to fix that is naive at best.

We are sending our young men and women to die for a cause unjust and totally unrelated to global terror.

Indeed, there is violence in Iraq, but its not global terrorist, its a nations citizens telling us to GET THE :censored2: OUT! The same as we would do if we were ever occupied by a foriegn fighting force.

The war in Iraq wont end anytime soon. People like you and the Bush administration wont let that happen, because then, we would have to admit we were wrong.

Better to send our men and women on 4 and 5 tours until they are all killed and our equiptment wasted.

Get a clue Tieguy, you want history , im your man. You want to sound intelligent, :censored2:.

That will suffice.

Peace.:peaceful:

Last edited by a moderator:

over9five

Staff member

"Indeed, there is violence in Iraq, but its not global terrorist, its a nations citizens telling us to GET THE friend--k OUT! The same as we would do if we were ever occupied by a foriegn (sic) fighting force."

I don't have time to debate your whole manifesto, but this line upsets me. "The same as we would do". So you're telling us that Americans would wear suicide vests, and kill more Americans than the foreign force? You're telling us these citizens are killing each other to get us out? They kill far more of themselves than us. You're mistaken if you think that terrorist violence is some sort of patriotic action.

Thank God we have President Bush, who has the guts to make the unpopular decisions necessary to keep us safe.

BrownShark

Banned

"Indeed, there is violence in Iraq, but its not global terrorist, its a nations citizens telling us to GET THE friend--k OUT! The same as we would do if we were ever occupied by a foriegn (sic) fighting force."

I don't have time to debate your whole manifesto, but this line upsets me. "The same as we would do". So you're telling us that Americans would wear suicide vests, and kill more Americans than the foreign force? You're telling us these citizens are killing each other to get us out? They kill far more of themselves than us. You're mistaken if you think that terrorist violence is some sort of patriotic action.

Thank God we have President Bush, who has the guts to make the unpopular decisions necessary to keep us safe.

Well another propaganda victim.

Did you miss the point of the post? As usual, you segregate something out and isolate it in your argument.

I said, the religious awakening is killing its citizens, we are merely in the middle getting killed for being in the way.

We are responsible for creating the violence today in IRAQ. This is undesputable.

Prior to our invasion , there were NO SUICIDE bombings in IRAQ. There were no Shia vs Sunni hate crimes in the hundreds each and every day.

And, for those like TIE who post that Saddam killed Millions of people in his country, again , another exageration by the Bush administration and I challenge anyone to post a linkable verification of those numbers.

Now, dont for 1 sec think that I believe that he did not kill some of his own people, indeed he has, but most of the people he killed was with OUR BLESSING, OUR TECHNOLOGY and OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT,

So, having said this and it can be proven, wouldnt that make us an accomplice??

During the Reagan administration, Cheney and Rumsfeld were middle east envoys, cheney with the CIA, Rumsfeld with the White House. It was each of these TWO MEN who supplied Saddam with the chemical and biological weapons to use against the Iranians who were invading from the east. He used these weapons and killed over 150K Iranian troops.

Further, in the north, Saddam was threatened by the PKK / Kurds in the north, mostly because of an disagreement with oil revenues, so he went after them. He finally tired of conventional tactics with his republican guard so he used the remaining chemical weapons that WE supplied him.

Remember, for those who claim to know, but dont have a clue, Chemical weapons have a shelf life, they are not indeffinate weapons. The Saryn gas he used on the Kurds on 2 days in august in the 80's during the Reagan administration killed only 6746 people (verified). NOT MILLIONS.

Chemical gas weapons once mixed only have a shelf life of 6 months, some less depending on the blends. So to think that Saddam would have 80's era chemical weapons in the year 2003 was a claim that the Bush administration knew full well to be untrue, but suckers like you would believe it.

Those same kurds in the north we protected with a no fly zone during bush 1 and clinton, but in the Bush 2 administration, we went in on a premise that Saddam was going to kill the KURDS and they had to be protected, however, NOW the kurds / PKK are fair game and the BUSH administration has removed the no fly zone and the KURDS are being attacked by the TURKS with the approval of the BUSH administration.

Now, it appears, the rhetoric has changed once again and the Kurds/PKK are terrorists, the same claim Saddam made for 15 years until he gased them.

Now which is it? Are we protecting the Kurds from harm or are they terrorists?

It would appear everyone forgets this little piece of history. It doesnt surprise me, people are more willing to be led to a disaster than enforce thier unalienable right to speak out and demonstrate what democracy is.

Andrew Jackson said it best: " DISSENT IS THE PUREST FORM OF DEMOCRACY"

As for your question, dont be an idiot, it has been said that "its better to appear an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it."

Clearly, I was speaking about americans defending our homeland from an invading force and never mentioned kiling each other, however, there are a few republicans id like to see as colateral damage.

Ptrunner

BrownShark that was an amazing post, tieguy and others cannot counter the facts with Limbaugh lies. I'm a history major in college i graduate next april. Ive been at UPS for 7 years. I right now have a minor in political science and sociology. Its funny how the uneducated people of the world have no idea how much history pertains to how the world works now. I wouldn't be surprised that Tieguy was a Bush supporter. Anyone who can swallow everything UPS feeds is a sucker for anything.

over9five

Staff member

"BrownShark that was an amazing post..."

Brownshark does debate quite well. It is unfortunate that anyone who disagrees with him is an "idiot" or a "maroon". His words.

Ptrunner

I agree with that, anyone who disagrees with historical evidence versus conservative rhetoric needs to be classified as an idiot or maroon.

BrownShark

Banned

It doesnt take guts to start a war, it takes guts to prevent one.

It doesnt take guts to manifest falsehoods and present them to the world in order to start a war. This is what a coward does!

It doesnt take guts to proclaim on the deck of an aircraft carrier "that major combat operations have ended in Iraq and we have won"

That takes ignorance.

Since that proclamation, over 3000 soldiers have been killed, 28 thousand have been wounded, 12 billion a month has been spent. 15 thousand soldiers permanately mamed or limbs amputated.

Doesnt sound like victory to me. It also doesnt sound like victory for the 73% of Americans who want this war ended.

That proclamation was probably the biggest blunder of this republican partys rhetoric and probably the biggest blunder of any American President.

It doesnt take guts to attack a defenseless country and proclaim to be keeping us safe.

If any of you recall, Al-Qaeda had nothing to do with Iraq and killing anyone in Iraq doesnt make us one bit safer. Sry Toonertoo, you are NO safer today than in 2001 by invading Iraq.

We could kill every man, woman and child in Iraq and terror would still be in the same condition as it is today!

You want to feel safe???

Then join those involved and pressure the US to attack Pakishstan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt where the funding for acts of terror originate.

There were NO Iraqis involved with 911, just Saudi's and Egyptians.

The money trail leads to Saudi Arabia and Pakishstan. Egypt has dirty hands as well.

You will never see this happen however. Ironically, those persons directly responsible for the creation of Osama Bin Laden are currently the private attorneys for the Saudi Royal family.

Look up James Baker, and see who employs him. Many of the former cabinet members of the Reagan Administration work for Saudi Shieks in private practice.

Why would this be?? What is in it for them and the others in the BUSH administration?

Lets get over the GUTS ideology and face facts.

There is more than meets the eye in the middle east and our involvment with it.

As of a couple of weeks ago, the Defense Dept released its stats on contractors working in IRAQ.

There are now 195 thousand contractors employed in Iraq, thats more personnel than we have in our armed services there.

A majority of those contractors are armed security personnel.

Why would we start a war proclaiming to seek WMDS and then hire a private army to work in the country?

Its all about money.

There is no money in peace, there is however, money in fear and Toonertoo, your writing those checks to these contractors.

Just keep being afraid and your taxes will be spent on these cash cows all to make you feel better.

I for one, would rather my taxes pay for the poor, sick and elderly of my country.

You want GUTS? Stand up and disagree with your goverment!

Peace:peaceful:

BrownShark

Banned
Something to read and learn....

Remembering the Dead: Reagan Armed Iraq and Iran in 1980s War That Killed Over 1 Million

We look at the policies of the Reagan administration in the Middle East, specifically during the Iran-Iraq war, one of the bloodiest conflicts in modern times in which more than a million people were killed. Chemical weapons were used and two of the most ancient societies on earth were devastated. We speak with Iranian human rights lawyer and 2003 Nobel Peace Prize winner Shirin Ebadi and journalist Alan Friedman about how the Reagan administration armed Iran and normalized relations with Iraq, selling weapons to both sides of the conflict.

As we continue our week-long series “Remembering the Dead.” We look at the policies of the Reagan administration in the Middle East, specifically during the Iran-Iraq war. That conflict lasted the better part of the 1980s and was one of the most bloody in modern times: more than a million people were killed, chemical weapons were used and two of the most ancient societies on earth were devastated.

Now, with Saddam Hussein removed from power and US forces occupying the country, that war is seldom talked about. But the role Washington played in the Iran-Iraq war continues to impact the people and politics of these countries. President George W Bush labeled both countries part of an axis-of-evil. But Bush has never acknowledged the fact that when his father was Vice-president in Ronald Reagan’s White House, Washington was aggressively arming both Iran and Iraq.
While this fact is not included in the Bush administration’s history of Iraq under Saddam Hussein, it was Reagan’s administration that brought Iraq back into the American fold after years of isolation.
US relations with Iraq had been severed since the 1967 Arab-Israeli war. But in 1982, as the Iran-Iraq war escalated, the Reagan administration removed Iraq from the list of nations that allegedly sponsored terrorism. This permitted Reagan to sell Saddam Hussein weapons. And Iraq began a buying frenzy. According to a February 1991 Los Angeles Times article:
“First on Hussein’s shopping list was helicopters—he bought 60 Hughes helicopters and trainers with little notice. However, a second order of 10 twin-engine Bell "Huey” helicopters, like those used to carry combat troops in Vietnam, prompted congressional opposition in August, 1983… Nonetheless, the sale was approved."

In 1984, according to The LA Times, the State Department–in the name of “increased American penetration of the extremely competitive civilian aircraft market”-pushed through the sale of 45 Bell 214ST helicopters to Iraq. The helicopters, worth some $200 million, were originally designed for military purposes. The New York Times later reported that Saddam “transferred many, if not all [of these helicopters] to his military.”
In 1988, Saddam’s forces allegedly attacked Kurdish civilians with poisonous gas from Iraqi helicopters and planes. U.S. intelligence sources told The LA Times in 1991, they “believe that the American-built helicopters were among those dropping the deadly bombs.”

In response to the gassing, sweeping sanctions were unanimously passed by the US Democratic Senate that would have denied Iraq access to most US technology. The measure was killed by the Reagan White House. Senior officials later told reporters they did not press for punishment of Iraq at the time because they wanted to shore up Iraq’s ability to pursue the war with Iran.

tieguy

Banned

TIEGUY,

One thing that amazes me about you is the level of naivete about you. you try to sound intelligent because you post something, yet, each has no legitimate substance.

You claim to know about history, I am about to demonstrate some to you using your logic.

You said:
The Bush administration likes to use WWII as a comparable to the war in IRAQ or the greater exageration, The war on terror. However, the only real comparative between the war in iraq and WWII is the methodology used to sell the war to people (AMERICANS) like you.

Ah brownie I would love to engage you in a rebuttal but it appears you have me confused with someone else. I never made the above statement?

tieguy

Banned

Well another propaganda victim.

are you admitting to being a victom of the liberal press propaganda machine?

Prior to our invasion , there were NO SUICIDE bombings in IRAQ. There were no Shia vs Sunni hate crimes in the hundreds each and every day.

Actually there was no free press to report those killings they existed.

And, for those like TIE who post that Saddam killed Millions of people in his country, again , another exageration by the Bush administration and I challenge anyone to post a linkable verification of those numbers.

Do a little google search and you will find the truth. amenesty international is a terrific source.

Now, dont for 1 sec think that I believe that he did not kill some of his own people, indeed he has, but most of the people he killed was with OUR BLESSING, OUR TECHNOLOGY and OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT,

thats pretty sick. You sound like a certain reverend friend of obamas

tieguy

Banned

It doesnt take guts to start a war, it takes guts to prevent one.

Not really . You just stay put and let them keep attacking you on american soil.

It doesnt take guts to manifest falsehoods and present them to the world in order to start a war. This is what a coward does!

It takes less guts to stand back and lob grenades at people who took on the tough challenges of terrorism like your doing.

It doesnt take guts to proclaim on the deck of an aircraft carrier "that major combat operations have ended in Iraq and we have won"

Took some guts since he took the risk of flying in and landing on that deck.

Since that proclamation, over 3000 soldiers have been killed, 28 thousand have been wounded, 12 billion a month has been spent. 15 thousand soldiers permanately mamed or limbs amputated.

how many americans have died at the hands of terrorist on american soil since then?

Doesnt sound like victory to me. It also doesnt sound like victory for the 73% of Americans who want this war ended.

Wanting to end the war and not supporting it are two different issues.

That proclamation was probably the biggest blunder of this republican partys rhetoric and probably the biggest blunder of any American President.

The blunder is winning.

It doesnt take guts to attack a defenseless country and proclaim to be keeping us safe.

defenseless? Pretty formidable army of battle hardened troops is what our troops saw. what were you watching the girl scout channel?

If any of you recall, Al-Qaeda had nothing to do with Iraq and killing anyone in Iraq doesnt make us one bit safer. Sry Toonertoo, you are NO safer today than in 2001 by invading Iraq.

she's safer no attacks on american soil since.
Al Qaeda had one of their top guys openly living in bagdad before the war. You remember him he led the insurgency until we killed him?
Al qaeda had a training camp near the curds. hussien allowed those terrorsit trainees free reign over the kurds . Remember?

We could kill every man, woman and child in Iraq and terror would still be in the same condition as it is today!

Not there to kill Iraqi's.

You want to feel safe???

Yep and I do feel much safer since Bush grabbed the terrorist by the throat.

Then join those involved and pressure the US to attack Pakishstan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt where the funding for acts of terror originate.

Already doing that. Your previous argument about attacking a defenseless country would actually apply more to Afghanistan then Iraq.

There were NO Iraqis involved with 911, just Saudi's and Egyptians.

The money trail leads to Saudi Arabia and Pakishstan. Egypt has dirty hands as well.

Individuals from those countries not those countries. Pretty extreme argument here brownie.

You will never see this happen however. Ironically, those persons directly responsible for the creation of Osama Bin Laden are currently the private attorneys for the Saudi Royal family.

Ah You're talking about his mom and dad who created him?

Look up James Baker, and see who employs him. Many of the former cabinet members of the Reagan Administration work for Saudi Shieks in private practice.

James baker has had nothing to do with the present war on terrorism. Kind of like me bringing up the point that franklin roosevelt made friends with the saudis. Whats the point?

Why would this be?? What is in it for them and the others in the BUSH administration?

I don't know what was in it for Franklin? For John Kennedy? For Lyndon Johnson. How far do you really want to go with this rediculous history angle?

Lets get over the GUTS ideology and face facts.

Anytime you're ready. So far all you have thrown up is half cooked innuendo.

There are now 195 thousand contractors employed in Iraq, thats more personnel than we have in our armed services there.

Is this where we discuss a certain liberal senator fienstiens husband benifiting from this war?

A majority of those contractors are armed security personnel.

What percent.?Most are actually rebuilding the country.

Why would we start a war proclaiming to seek WMDS and then hire a private army to work in the country?

Don't know why don't you ask the liberal democratic folks of congress that helped us start that war?

Its all about money.

Ah yes the war profiteering argument. How bout those planes that went into the towers were they flown by war profiteers?

There is no money in peace, there is however, money in fear and Toonertoo, your writing those checks to these contractors.

No probably a lot more lives lost here stateside. Hard to put a dollar figure on american lives lost to terrorist we did not challenge. Clinton had a chance to kill those same terrorists including osama but didn't have the guts to execute. Bush does not have the same qualms. He'll kill all the terrorists and let god sort em out.

Just keep being afraid and your taxes will be spent on these cash cows all to make you feel better.

Longs as we continue to be safer over here.

I for one, would rather my taxes pay for the poor, sick and elderly of my country.

How about the weak minded that believes everything the liberal press feeds them?

You want GUTS? Stand up and disagree with your goverment!

Disagree with a government that has made me feel safer. Now what kind of idiotic argument is that?

If you had your way peace would be found living in a bomb shelter in my back yard. No thanks I like those terrorists where we have them now. Looking over there shoulder wondering when the next unmanned plane is going to drop a missle in the back of their suv.

cantwin69

Is there anyone who honestly believes Bush has made this country safer because he removed Saddam? Are we really to believe the statement - We'd rather fight them in Iraq than pull out and have them on US soil. HA!! Do you really believe the US would be over run by suicide bombers, hijacked planes flying into buildings, and Al Queda base camps? The real deal is that there have been no "attacks" because they haven't needed any. The extremists whole tactic to bring down the US is not by means of suicide bombers. There whole "plan" has been an economic one. The smartest thing for the terrorists to do is to keep us fighting as along as possible in Iraq. They will never match our military might so I don't believe there intentions are to make us leave Iraq. They want us to continue to fight until our dollar completely collapses and we are left in the state of the former USSR.

BrownShark

Banned

Cantwin,

Thank you. Right on the money.

oh and TIEGUY: YAWN!

Never figured you for a Scare-D-cat!

LMAO!!!

tieguy

Banned

Is there anyone who honestly believes Bush has made this country safer because he removed Saddam?.

The fact that you and others here who do not understand simple concepts is that we have not had any attacks here since 9/11. that meanns that Bushs strategy is actually working no matter how much you guys want to deny that point.

You are lucky that bush is president. If it was gore or kerry the terrorist would probably be over here killing and raping your family. But then you guys would probably prefer that over fighting them on foriegn soil.

tieguy

Banned

Cantwin,

Thank you. Right on the money.

oh and TIEGUY: YAWN!

Never figured you for a Scare-D-cat!

LMAO!!!

To everyone watching our little debate I have scored a maroon, idiot and now the scare-d-cat response from our liberal spokesman. Those are all points in the debate since my opponent was unable to provide a valid response.

Ptrunner

The fact that you and others here who do not understand simple concepts is that we have not had any attacks here since 9/11. that meanns that Bushs strategy is actually working no matter how much you guys want to deny that point.

You are lucky that bush is president. If it was gore or kerry the terrorist would probably be over here killing and raping your family. But then you guys would probably prefer that over fighting them on foriegn soil.

Quite the fable there tieguy. We still have a National Guard here at home to protect us and a working police force in every town and city across the US. Thats the Bush propaganda working at its best. Because were spending 500 billion in Iraq we have left people get so far behind in our country they have to resort to theft, violence just to live. In all the poorest areas in the country they have the highest crime. You have more of a chance getting mugged or getting into a car accident then us getting bombed again.

Why don't we worry about our own country before muddling into other countries affairs. Oh wait, because money and power = corruption. Pretty much how UPS goes as well. Its funny since weve had a republican congress and Clinton was a big business liberal, companies were able to make huge profits giving them to the white collars, but there were no substantial raises to the blue collars.

Its funny in all your replies you come back with no evidence, no facts, just thats liberal spin, liberal lies. Maybe if you spend some time in Barnes and Noble, sit in the history section, you'll see historians have shown us that this war is like vietnam, its something way over our heads. Were not going to win.

Also its funny how you pull up the Amnesty International numbers for deaths but yet when you say there were suicide bombings before the war how come you cant get those numbers if there was no free press. Doesn't make sense. It's always easy to outsmart UPS supervision.

over9five

Staff member

To everyone watching our little debate I have scored a maroon, idiot and now the scare-d-cat response from our liberal spokesman. Those are all points in the debate since my opponent was unable to provide a valid response.

Strange that the moderator team seems to condone the name-calling from some, but not others....

BrownShark

Banned

My, my, my, TIEGUY

How easy can you possibly make it for me??

One of the reasons I posted a quote from a NAZI in WWII was to demonstrate the power of propaganda and its effects on the citizens.

Here it is again and Id like those posters folowing this debate to read it, then read what TIEGUY writes and ask yourself if he ISN'T truly a victim of the very thing Hermann Goering talks about.

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
~Hermann Goering~

Look at all his posts on this subject, he speaks from a position of fear and danger, he speaks of that fear by pretending to be a patriot.

When did we become a nation of sissies??

I stand a better chance of getting killed at an ATM machine than I do being killed by a terrorist!!

He always speaks from the position that the terrorists are coming here to rape and kill... funny thing, the Koran doesnt speak of raping anyone??

Where does this exageration come from?

Why does TIEGUY do the "bidding" of the leaders in such an aggressive manner? How was he convinced to look beyond the demonstrated facts and go with pure exageration and falsehoods?

Why does he propose "the country is in danger" if we leave IRAQ?

Everyone of his written sentences demontrates all of Hermann Goerings points, And that point is:

People are stupid.

A couple of issues I will take with his posts:

Seriously now, jsut because an attack hasnt occured here in the states means attacking IRAQ is keeping us safe?

Hmm, funny, the plan to attack the US was done in Afghanistan not IRAQ, and the trouble in Afghanistan is on the rise as the Taliban are making an aggressive push to take back the country.

defenseless? Pretty formidable army of battle hardened troops is what our troops saw. what were you watching the girl scout channel?

This one is hilarious! Are you refering to the same Crack Republican guard with their underwear hanging from the ends of their rifles?

Or the crack republican guard without ammo in their guns waiting to be captured?

Maybe your referring to the crack republican guard who were dying of thirst long before the allies got there and begged for water as they were being hogtied?

Maybe your reffering to the many tanks that sat in the desert without fuel or shells, sitting in bunkers pretending to be a threat?

It seems my friend, your exagerations know no limits.

Formidable?

Hmmm, I can recall history speaking of formidable battles:

battle of the bulge, Iwo Jima, Phillipines, normandy beach, paris, berlin.

I dont think running thru iraq like a trackmeet will make the list of these honorable battles.

We lost 187 soldiers by the time we reached bagdad. 91% of the remaining casualties came after Mission accomplished.

TIEGUY, in the end, your efforts to sound smart only bring you down a notch. Not many notches left, give it a rest.

cantwin69

You can't be that naive Tie. Do you honestly believe the terrorists are being prevented from attacking us because Bush is in office? That's too funny! If they wanted to attack, they would have done it - regardless of who is president. What are the percentages of packages inspected / or scanned by UPS for biological weapons? How many ship containers are inspected going through our ports? I believe the percentage is right around 10. What about all that great airport security? How much of the stuff in the cargo hold gets a once over by bomb sniffing dogs? How hard would it be for a wave of them to sneak across one of our borders? Bush would / has stopped all that though, right?

What a joke! People like you buy into this nonsense. Come on man, you really think the terrorists want to bring down this country using acts of terror? No, they don't. It would be next to impossible to do it that way. The way to do it is via economic impacts. As you may have heard lately, this country is not doing too well in that department. You, Bush, and all the other "patriotic" types are falling right into the terror trap.

It would serve no one better than the terrorist extremist to keep our soldiers and wallets in Iraq. This whole point of fighting them on another's soil rather than our own is such nonsense. What in the world do you think we are doing right now? This war has impacted this country, our soil, way more than has even been seen . People are losing their homes, inflation and unemployment are still in their infancy stages, and the price of our so called safety has been $500 billion. Don't be fooled into thinking we are safe. The war has been fought on our soil, through our wallets. Our country is on the same path as USSR was. If not corrected soon, we lose the war no matter where our soldiers are.
Just a thought.