Subaru Pulls UPS truck out of Snow in NC Yahoo Video

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was telling all my in laws earlier if you get stuck anywhere in the ups truck whether it was in mud or snow and if ups has to pay to get you unstuck they would charge you with an accident.

The company's "new" policy is....

If you don't cause any damage, it's not a "chargeable" offense.

That's applied consistently around the country.... right ??

-Bug-

Overpaid Union Thug

Nice. I was telling all my in laws earlier if you get stuck anywhere in the ups truck whether it was in mud or snow and if ups has to pay to get you unstuck they would charge you with an accident. I told them that with our training according to ups its impossible to get into an accident and or get hurt on the job. They just looked at me dumbfounded and were like really? I told them serious as cancer YUP stupposedly lol. They were like that's ridiculous. I was like yep that's the harassment we deal with on a daily basis. Freakin ignorant is what it is lol.

I wasn't charged when I needed a wrecker. I think if it's weather related an on car/manager can, and should, ignore the normal trend of sticking it to the driver.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Back in the day, I was on my way back to the building when I came upon another driver in my loop who had broken down in front of his last stop. His starter motor had died. We got on the phone to the mechanic, who was desperate to avoid having a "road call" show up on his report. Solution? I pulled my car in behind the dead one and bumped it hard enough to get it rolling so that the other driver could compression-start it ( this was back when we drove stick shifts) and then I followed him in. The mechanic was waiting for me with a can of brown touch-up paint to cover up the gouge I had put in the front bumper, plus he had to tweak the license plate back into shape. Accident? Damage? Reports? Nope...what happens out behind the shop STAYS out behind the shop!

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Subaru is probably leased so he doesn't care if he wears it out.

He will when they go through the car with a fine tooth comb and then send him a bill for "excess wear and tear".

When I turned in my last Nissan I swear they used a magnifying glass during their inspection. They found a couple of very minor things wrong with the car----the sad part is the "damage" added up to just below $500. Thank goodness they were running a special where they were covering up to $500 in "damage" so I walked away owing nothing.