Subaru Pulls UPS truck out of Snow in NC Yahoo Video

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The new POS automatics can get stuck in an inch of snow on a flat road. Not stuck bad - just sit and spin their wheels so a little nudge to get them moving is all it takes.
Part of that problem is that we are required to keep either 75 or 85 PSI in the tires. IMHO way too much.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The cars with dual rear wheels do OK as long as they have decent tires, but the new "skinny" single-axle ones with the low mirrors and pocket doors are worthless. Their long, narrow wheelbase gives them the turning radius of a school bus and they get high-centered easily. They can get stuck on wet grass.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

And I'm sure that one will be returned in two years with nothing but money missing from your pocket.

Leasing is the worst idea in the world.
Leasing is a bad idea for someone who drives a lot of miles or who is doing it simply to get a lower payment.

Its not necessarily a bad idea for someone who doesnt drive a lot of miles and who just wants to always be driving a newer car with no maintainence issues.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its not necessarily a bad idea for someone who doesnt drive a lot of miles and who just wants to always be driving a newer car with no maintainence issues.

Finally someone who gets it. I don't have many vices but I do like to drive newer cars. The only bad part is that I usually have a lot of miles left to use when my lease runs out and, no, they don't give you credit for those unused miles.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Finally someone who gets it. I don't have many vices but I do like to drive newer cars. The only bad part is that I usually have a lot of miles left to use when my lease runs out and, no, they don't give you credit for those unused miles.

Get out and take a road trip or two.

You don't have to answer to anybody.

soberups

I prefer to buy cars and then drive them for awhile after they are paid off, but when I get older that might change. There is something to be said for paying a reasonable amount each month and always having a new car.

Sent using BrownCafe App

teamsterdan

06 baja turbo
photo 2.JPG

FilingBluesFL

$275/month for my fully loaded 2013 Nissan Altima SV w/Sirius satellite radio.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I can think of a lot better things to waste $275 a month on.

I could do burnouts off every light every day on my way to/from work and just buy new rear tires every other month with that.