Suggested Reading For UPS Managers

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
which 1-800 number? ups has more than one.

ill give you time to look it up.

d
I would think the phone number may different on what ever planet Integrity lives on. One thing I am curious to know, were else is Integrity waging his war on corporate injustices at UPS aside from the Brown Cafe? Also is your avatar an accurate depiction of your super hero outfit? I pictured it having more brown in it.

How about the Bible??? That’s would they should all be reading! Not to pass judgment, but there are some real evil UPS Management people within the rank and file! They need prayer also!
There is nothing Christian going on at ups its you live by the sword you die by the sword. Most people that I know outside work are very different once they cross the ups threshold because its the den of the DEVIL a totally evil environment. Thats why I ask for strength from god everyday before I enter the door.

Integrity

Binge Poster
which 1-800 number? ups has more than one.

ill give you time to look it up.

d

Dear dannyboy,
You can find it in the section about asking questions and voicing concerns on pages 4 and 5 of UPS Code of Business Conduct. The 1-800 # that I am refering is called the UPS Help Line. If you or anyone else would like, I will glady send it via a private message.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
One thing I am curious to know, were else is Integrity waging his war on corporate injustices at UPS aside from the Brown Cafe?

Dear Bubblehead,

I will keep you informed as my operations develop.

Also is your avatar an accurate depiction of your super hero outfit? I pictured it having more brown in it.

Yes this is accurate. There is no brown in my suit, it is simply yellow and black.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
There is nothing Christian going on at ups its you live by the sword you die by the sword. Most people that I know outside work are very different once they cross the ups threshold because its the den of the DEVIL a totally evil environment. Thats why I ask for strength from god everyday before I enter the door.

Dear anonymous,

This is not true!! Yes, there are evil people who work at UPS and it does seem to be more evil than good but have hope. I know many UPS employees who are christians and they love Jesus Christ.

What do you do with the strength you ask God for everyday? If it is too personal to put here please PM me.

Sincerely,
I

A

anonymous6

you may be right. one of the feeder drivers carried around a bible until one of the managers saw it and told him to keep it out of sight.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
If over dispatching is a concern that is causing problems to individuals in anyway, these individuals should file a detailed report with the 1-800 # and report these concerns. These indivuals should not use this issue as an excuse to not do their job correctly. Over dispatching is one issue doing your job correctly is another.
Dear dannyboy,
You can find it in the section about asking questions and voicing concerns on pages 4 and 5 of UPS Code of Business Conduct. The 1-800 # that I am refering is called the UPS Help Line. If you or anyone else would like, I will glady send it via a private message.

Sincerely,
I
dearest i

see, here is where your attempt at common sense and the ups culture go separate ways. and where if you had a clue, you would not even post such bs

first, that type of concern would only get tossed in the trash. its hard enough to call and get an investigation on sups changing time cards or other issues that are more severe.

secondly, there is the issue of time studies. many are not correct, and many are also out dated. therefor, the unit of measure that would be used to decide on if you are over dispatched or in your words
"an excuse to not do their job correctly" is also totally in the hands of the management team. so it is a catch 22.

when you have a route that gets beat every day, regardless of who runs it, and gets beat when sups ride with drivers that do the job, but are still over allowed by an hour, the time study is incorrect. and how, with an incorrect time study do we actually determine if the driver is actually doing the "job correctly"?

so your simplistic answer again shows a total lack of knowledge base from which to give solid answers to issues at ups.

shame. with proper educational training, i think you could become an asset, but as for now, you are overshooting your headlights.

d

tieguy

Banned
Dear dannyboy,

Sincerely,
I

why would you think the number has to be sent privately when they are publicly posted in ups locations?

Integrity

Binge Poster
why would you think the number has to be sent privately when they are publicly posted in ups locations?

Dear tieguy,

I'm am not sure if posting the number is a violation of the terms of posting here. I have posted the # before but I thought to err on the side of caution. If anyone can shed light on this I will be more than happy to post the # in the future. Thanks.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Dear dannyboy,

dearest i

first, that type of concern would only get tossed in the trash. its hard enough to call and get an investigation on sups changing time cards or other issues that are more severe.

How do you know that this type of concerned would be handled this way?

secondly, there is the issue of time studies. many are not correct, and many are also out dated. therefor, the unit of measure that would be used to decide on if you are over dispatched or in your words
"an excuse to not do their job correctly" is also totally in the hands of the management team. so it is a catch 22.

when you have a route that gets beat every day, regardless of who runs it, and gets beat when sups ride with drivers that do the job, but are still over allowed by an hour, the time study is incorrect. and how, with an incorrect time study do we actually determine if the driver is actually doing the "job correctly"?.

The way to determine if any driver is doing the job correctly is by comparing all UPS driver methods and collective bargaining agreement obligations with how the driver actually does the job. Any deviation from these is an indication that the driver is not doing the job correctly.

Sincerely,
I

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dear dannyboy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy
dearest i

How do you know that this type of concerned would be handled this way?

i

do you think so little of us poor dumb truck drivers that such a simple answer to over dispatch would not have been attempted in the past.

again, you show your total disdain and arrogance toward the work force when posting something like this.

now, to actually answer your stupid question, other issues have been raised to that phone number. issues much more serious that over dispatching. and as sober has as his tag line, no matter how sweet the plan, sometimes we just need to check out the results with the plan.

and calling the number is a waste of time and energy in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy

when you have a route that gets beat every day, regardless of who runs it, and gets beat when sups ride with drivers that do the job, but are still over allowed by an hour, the time study is incorrect. and how, with an incorrect time study do we actually determine if the driver is actually doing the "job correctly"?.

The way to determine if any driver is doing the job correctly is by comparing all UPS driver methods and collective bargaining agreement obligations with how the driver actually does the job. Any deviation from these is an indication that the driver is not doing the job correctly.

Sincerely,
I
wow, damn, holy cow batman, what the hell has ups been doing without your brain at the helm.

again, you show your vast limitations in first understanding the problem, and then arriving at the answer.

there is an answer by the way, and yours failed.

d

Upser08

I have been working a UPS for about 2.5 years and been in management for the majority of that. I feel like I have a pretty good group of employees. I have 15 in my staffing roster, and on the busiest day only run 12. The reason we have to have 15 people but only run 12 is because of the lack of accountability of the hourlys. Someone always has a problem their sick, or missed the bus ,or slept late or some other childish problem. It's not ok to miss 2 days a week, I don't think missing 2 days a year is acceptable. (Obviously I don't mean d days or vacation) I mean no call no show or callins. It's the hourly employees that don't live up to their end of the job.

hdkappler

trust me years ago we had good mgrs.since around 2002-2003 they got worse.when i retired in 2003 the worse c.m. was greg v.they have all got on his level.some day they will get whats coming to them.