Suggestion from Brown Cafe Member. Can you guess who suggested this?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Returntosender,

True, safety issues will not be resolved on this forum.

It is however a most appropriate place to discuss safety concerns and issues for those interested. It is after all the sub-forum UPS discussions.

This sub-forum is for UPS related issues of which safety is of the utmost important of issues to discuss.

I disagree with your opinion as to how to handle safety issues in the work place.

It is sad when a workplace is compared with a prison and a career a prison sentence. Some people in prison might disagree with this comparison.

Looking the other way and sticking you head in the sand when you have the opportunity to help your coworkers even in a small way is wrong.

Sincerely,
I
Yet you walk away from the violation, not even mentioning it to the supervisor the unloader pointed to in your post.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why don't you report this violation to OSHA instead of asking a bunch of box monkeys what we can do about it? Aren't you enabling the fact for that employee to work unsafe and failing to report it to someone who can actually fix it?
Jackburton,

What do you suggest I say if I were to do this?

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

What do you suggest I say if I were to do this?

Sincerely,
I

Ask the same questions you're asking us, only to someone who can actually fix it to start off with.

I note the following violations from this one observation:

1. Unloader is failing to work safe by working in violation of UPS egress training and OSHA egress standards.

2. Part-time supervisor by failing to enforce the UPS egress training and OSHA egress standards is failing to maintain a safe work enviroment for his employees.

3. Part time supervisor is causing the unsafe practices by instructing his employee to work in violation of this training and these OSHA standards.

I think this is enough for discussion now!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Better yet, Integrity could go to work for the fine folks at Keter. He is already asking hourlies pointless questions.
hurricanegunner,

I have no desire or plan to change jobs at this point.

Why was my questions pointless?

I was only following the suggestion of a fellow member of the Brown Cafe.

I thought is was a good idea.

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
hurricanegunner,

I have no desire or plan to change jobs at this point.

Why was my questions pointless?

I was only following the suggestion of a fellow member of the Brown Cafe.

I thought is was a good idea.

Sincerely,
I
If you spent more time doing these things in your hub instead of starting threads about issues that no one on here can fix, perhaps you'll see some results in your immediate area.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ask the same questions you're asking us, only to someone who can actually fix it to start off with.

1. Unloader is failing to work safe by working in violation of UPS egress training and OSHA egress standards.

2. Part-time supervisor by failing to enforce the UPS egress training and OSHA egress standards is failing to maintain a safe work enviroment for his employees.

3. Part time supervisor is causing the unsafe practices by instructing his employee to work in violation of this training and these OSHA standards.

JackBurton,

Thank You.

Sincerely,
I

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Obviously, I should grow a pair and stand up for what he preaches.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

Yes I did.

I did bring it here for discussion.

Sincerely,
I
Perhaps you should mention that in your initial post, going into detail as to the explanation given for the clear violation and instruction to the employee of being unsafe. That is unless you didn't actually address it with the sup.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

I like to discuss issues such as this.

Sincerely,
I
When you discuss these issues perhaps including the entire set of events so we can be fully prepared to examine your initial observations of the scene and the corrective measures you have taken in your own hub to thwart such activities from going on in the future. Someone with such a keen eye for these obvious violation should have seen more of this going on. Are you going to confront the Unload Manager and conduct a proper review of employee training, getting the steward involved, safety committee, and perhaps OSHA on the next violation that occurs?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

No, no, no, maybe.

Sincerely,
I
Again, you haven't given any more details on the explanation the supervisor gave to you on these issues when you confronted him. I'm looking forward to discussing this in detail as I don't understand why you would skip over the local management on the next time but you supposedly confronted a low unload sup tonight, things don't add up in your story. You want to discuss but I'm getting very short answers from you. Lets be friends and talk this out so we can improve everyone's hub by doing the things that you're doing in your own, leading by example perhaps.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm going on a run and hit the elliptical, but I'll be back to check on your insightful explanation of how we can identify problems and correct them using the UPS hierarchy, and outside sources if need be,.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Again, you haven't given any more details on the explanation the supervisor gave to you on these issues when you confronted him. I'm looking forward to discussing this in detail as I don't understand why you would skip over the local management on the next time but you supposedly confronted a low unload sup tonight, things don't add up in your story. You want to discuss but I'm getting very short answers from you. Lets be friends and talk this out so we can improve everyone's hub by doing the things that you're doing in your own, leading by example perhaps.
Jackburton,

I spoke to no one about this issue.

I didn't mean to mislead you if I implied I talked with the supervisor.

I was simply following the suggestion given to me here and reporting the results back here.

You sound as though it might just be possible for a discussion on this forum to be able to, even in just a small way, help improve safety.

Sincerely,
I