Summer Heat in the trucks! etc...

FromBluetoBrown

in jersey this yr we had some 98+ days with the beautiful feeling of also 90-95% humidity. hey at least it feels like a/c for a second when you come back out of the pkg compartment. there are van ventilation fans out there for about 50 bucks. its sucks the hot air out of the rear of vehicle. i know there are lots of pkg. cars, but wouldn't the production benefit make it worth it for them to do it. it would be another world on those hot days. i guess thats why i'm just a stupid driver

We had a week back in August I think it was here in VA where the temperatures were in the 100s. We have two spots for unloading trailers and the outside spot didnt have a fan and our unload sup kept putting us in that spot all week every night and when we would slow down he would come scream at us to work faster. I think he had 4 new hires quit that week.

mnmoe

Since I got the contract news thread off topic I decided to start a new thread on the subject.

Actually I don't think you were totally off track. You talked about putting AC in the trucks i said that you should have had that issue locked down with your BA before he/she went to the contract talks.

Whinning, crying, backstabbing! So filing grievances in violation of the contract is whinning and back stabbing? I think there is much more of that in mangmnt than hourly, as far as backstabbing! Even your own admit it! Also who is backstabbing who when mangment shorts mostly part-timers out of their hand earned hrs? Especially those that do more than their normal shift work!

Don't try to draw every single hard working upser into this discription. you know exactly what I mean. There are brothers in your rank that will call osha if I fart wrong. You said the heat in the package cars was a clear violation of Osha. I said I'm sure the folks I described above have already tested that theory many times over.

comes down to I've seen too many people cry and whine and have a miserable time at work because they are driving an old truck not a new one. They make theirselves miserable. The new truck they wanted to drive then becomes someone elses old truck 5 years from now that makes their life miserable. Its a never ending cycle.

People AC in the trucks come on it will never happen if your job sucks that bad quit life is to short

filthpig

Well, we had the hottest year I can remember in Memphis this year. It never rained and stayed in the 95-105 range for 2 mos. Bad. AC wouldn't do much good though. Not in the truck long enough to cool down. Personally, my 1100 is nice and I think the lower step is what I appreciate most. That high step kills my knees. Get stove up thinking about it.