Summer heat

Overpaid Union Thug

Drink plenty of fluids after work as well as during. It is just as important. Drink mostly water and throw in some Gatorade every so often. I like to add an ice college chocolate milk once in a while. And wear Under Armour (or comparable brand) moisture wicking shirts. They truly do help cool you off and are worth every penny.

Sent using BrownCafe App

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
My boss told me to wear light colored clothing............
Yeah, I LOL every time they read that in the PCM.
Seriously, I work in the south and I'm on a residential route with no break from the heat except for at lunch time. The only way to stay hydrated at 90+ degrees is to start when you wake up. Drink a glass of water before you go to work. Drink a bottle of water on your way to work. Take a gallon of water with you on your route, and supplement it with at least one bottle of Gatorade or Powerade (I take 2). I used to get away with drinking only water, but now that I'm older, I need those electrolytes replaced or I start dragging. And remember, if you're not peein' during the day, you're not drinking enough fluid.
Also, like "Gumby" said above, keep those pores clean. I pour ice water into my towel and wipe down my face, arms, and legs a couple times each day. It really helps.

cooperjake

I wet a washcloth place it in a sandwich bag and in my lunchbox that is full of those blue frozen ice things and wipe off with it throughout the day. Amazing how it helps. And lots of water and Gatorade.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll let you know when summer gets here.

The same here. I went to watch our local American Legion baseball team play this morning and had on long pants.

Our center is buying 15 cases of bottled water per week for the drivers and, yes, we are allowed to take them home so that they will be nice and cold during the day.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Started using one this year. Feels great but have to pour ice water on it every 30 minutes.
Wrap about 4-6 cubes of ice and fold it long ways. Wrap the ice around the back of your neck and let the melted water run down the ends which are placed inside your shirt around the collar. You might get a little wet from the water but ring it before putting the ice in so minimize water coming off it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I wet a washcloth place it in a sandwich bag and in my lunchbox that is full of those blue frozen ice things and wipe off with it throughout the day. Amazing how it helps. And lots of water and Gatorade.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Fill up 32 oz bottles of empty Gatorade bottles with water and freeze them. Put them in your cooler with ice, helps keep the ice from melting.

Don Spite

Wear shorts! I still don't get how some guys refuse to wear them, no matter how hot it gets!
Some people are really shy about showing their legs for whatever reason. I knew a guy who had really hairy legs and didn't want to show them off or shave them, so I never saw him wear shorts outside the beach.

JTWC

Under Armor undershirt + sports towel (like a chamois) wet and rewet in cold water all day and kept around your neck under your UPS shirt. The synthetic sports towel being wet and on your neck will keep you much cooler and also wet your Under Armor shirt. In addition to drinking a lot of water. This shirt + sports towel combo keeps me feeling like it's 20 degrees cooler outside. Makes the heat bearable. You can get the towels anywhere (Frog Togs are the ones I have I think).

Sent using BrownCafe App