Summer is almost here...ugh

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was always curious; do you wear shorts during peak in Florida and what time does it get dark there during Peak?

It gets dark about 5:30 EST during Peak, I'm sure they usually wear shorts in Florida. Sometimes it hits the sixties up here in Atlanta, a couple of times I have wore shorts on Christmas Eve. We rarely see snow anymore.:tongue_sm

upsgrunt

It gets dark about 5:30 EST during Peak, I'm sure they usually wear shorts in Florida. Sometimes it hits the sixties up here in Atlanta, a couple of times I have wore shorts on Christmas Eve. We rarely see snow anymore.:tongue_sm

That would be awesome!
#1 not having to fight all those extra clothes and being able to leave the doors open.
#2 extra daylight to see house numbers for the late nights

Where do I sign up?:lol:

upsguysavannah

Yea so, summertime is coming and though it brings many good things (half naked chicks prancing around the pool at the apt complexes :w00t: :thumbup1: ), it also brings the one thing most UPSers dread...God awful heat.

...and don't forget the 3/4 naked guys...:cool:

And I agree with previous posters.. having lived up north with the sub-freezing temps and feet of snow and ice and sleet... I'd MUCH rather deal with the blazing heat... it's so much easier to take as far as I'm concerned. I'd be happy if I never saw another snowflake again!

finaddict

We hit code purple alot in VA (OK, so what the hell is purple?) its when its so damn hot and humid that when you take a drag off the cigarette, no smoke comes back out your dead lungs. Your head feels like its ready to pop. I've sucked the dank melted ice in my cooler to stay alive. Ok, now that was then, now I just keep the engine running and the A/C on MAX...Hey... we really apprecite the job you package guys do! You are the company in the eyes of the customer and I really appreciate all you guys (and ladys) sacrifice to make it happen. You make UPS what it is. I just try to get the trailer to the door on time....you make our delivery promises good!!! Thank you delivery drivers!!!!

CFLBrown

Yes shorts are worn in Florida almost year round. Sucks for the helpers when they get pants and it gets to 80 degrees during peak. Thems the breaks.

Raw

Raw Member
Yes shorts are worn in Florida almost year round. Sucks for the helpers when they get pants and it gets to 80 degrees during peak. Thems the breaks.
I`ve had many peak helpers quit on me cuz of 85` and long pants plus 300-400 stops per day! ps- and they don`t bring water.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Buy a six pack of bottled water, freeze it over night. Bring it with you on your route and it'll melt slowly giving you iced water all day long.

Raw

Raw Member
Buy a six pack of bottled water, freeze it over night. Bring it with you on your route and it'll melt slowly giving you iced water all day long.
Here in Florida frozen water is at room temperature by 10:30am in the summer ! :cool:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Here in Florida frozen water is at room temperature by 10:30am in the summer ! :cool:

No kidding! I used to freeze a two liter bottle of water overnight in my freezer. It was warm water by the time I got my NDAs off. I freeze four 32 oz. bottles and keep them in an insulated soft cooler and have ice all day now.