Summer Trucks

Big Babooba

I once had a girl (she was in her mid to late 20s) on my route ask me If I got cold in the winter driving around with no doors. I told I was driving a summer truck. The summer trucks lacked doors and heaters , but the winter trucks were so equipped. All the winter trucks were in storage out in Kansas. I also told her it was madness during switchover week. They would be brought in at night via rail and swapped under the cover of darkness.

She gave me a look like I had just let her in on a big secret that nobody else knew. She then said that it would make more sense to have regional storage areas for the trucks. I told her that it was a great idea and I would submit it in the suggestion box back at the center.

A couple of weeks later, I saw her again. She said, "You were pulling my leg, weren't you?" We both had a good laugh.

By the way, she was not blond!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I couldn't start a doozy like that without laughing before the end. Besides I can't talk to women without my eyes dropping below her neckline.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My favorite gag at the customers expense, provided I have a good relationship, is as follows:

When they aren't happy with their signature on the DIAD and ask if I can erase it, I reply, just shake it ( like a an Etch-a-Sketch ).

Priceless with the older crowd who are familiar with the reference.

City Driver

once i had these things called Smart Moves they are like PODS, they fit side by side but just barely in a 102 inch trailer, we get them all the time

i was at a customers dock (different freight) and opened my trailer door, the lady asked how do they get those off the trailer? and i got her with the old trailer stretcher routine, hook line and sinker

but those things really do barely fit, we only ship them of flatbeds now

ups1990

My favorite gag at the customers expense, provided I have a good relationship, is as follows:

When they aren't happy with their signature on the DIAD and ask if I can erase it, I reply, just shake it ( like a an Etch-a-Sketch ).

Priceless with the older crowd who are familiar with the reference.
I tell customers, you have to shake the stylus.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Not having to worry about opening and closing doors gives the blonde one less thing to "concentrate" on.

Concentrate?

Isn't that frozen orange juice?

Look wiseguy...I have mastered the "hair flip" with both hands on a steering(?) wheel thingy and while painting my nails Revlon Red.

What more do you expect from me?

:-)happy-very: And I have it down pat...I can kick off four inch spikes (I drive in these..it loooksss sssoooo much nicer from the outside looking in !!!) and slip on those granny shoes in one motion.)

I want one of those summer trucks !!!!

Last edited:

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I told a couple of guys that the beeping in the new trucks was a timer and that I had 45 seconds to get the bulk delivery done and if it wasn't completed the truck would shut off and I would have to call in the center for them to come out and reset the computer in the truck. It worked till a lazy driver told them that I was full of crap and it was just the brake and hazards beeping........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Concentrate?

Isn't that frozen orange juice?

Look wiseguy...I have mastered the "hair flip" with both hands on a steering(?) wheel thingy and while painting my nails Revlon Red.

What more do you expect from me?

:-)happy-very: And I have it down pat...I can kick off four inch spikes (I drive in these..it loooksss sssoooo much nicer from the outside looking in !!!) and slip on those granny shoes in one motion.)

I want one of those summer trucks !!!!
It's soooo much easier driving barefoot AJ. I know! :surprised:

Last edited:

Big Babooba

Stereo-type alert!!!

What does being blonde have to with driving a summer truck!!!:naive:
On the contrary. I believe blonds unfairly get the brunt of all the jokes. This girl had black hair. The dark haired girl was definitely in the dark.

Since you put up the
Stereo-type alert!!!, I feel that I must oblige.
For you enjoyment:

Painting the Porch

A blonde teenager, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer,decided to hire herself out as a "handy-woman" and started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house, and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do. "Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint my porch," he said, "How much will you charge me?"
Delighted, the girl quickly responded, "How about $50?"

The man agreed and told her that the paint brushes and everything she would need was in the garage. The man's wife, hearing the conversation said to her husband, "Does she realize that our porch goes ALL the way around the house?"

He responded, "That's a bit cynical, isn't it?"

The wife replied, "You're right. I guess I'm starting to believe all those dumb blonde jokes we've been getting by email lately.."

Later that day, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" the startled husband asked.

"Yes, the blonde replied, and I even had paint left over, so I gave it two coats."

]Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50.00 and handed it to her along with a $10.00 tip.

"And by the way, "the blonde added, "it's not a Porch, it's a Lexus!

Sorry about that - not!:happy-very:

David Kevin (time to find myself a slightly damp bath towel)

morgahorse

I like to tell people that get all excited when I give them their cell phone that they better hurry up and answer it because I heard it ringing in the box earlier.