Summer vacation

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I can't decide if I should take 3 weeks in a row in July. I never taken 3 weeks off from work and don’t know if I should, The question I have is do you prefer to take most of your weeks in a row or prefer to split the weeks up. Btw I'm taking my 4 week in February

Can anyone explain how many years in till you get your next vacation weeks, ive already got 3 weeks and this year will make 10 years i've worked at UPS. I can't remember if i got that extra week at 8 years in or 9 years.

OVERBOARD

I don’t know if I would be bored as hell and then think that I wasted my vacation time doing nothing.

brownedout

Can't believe you're even in a position to be picking any weeks in July at this point of the year. Our vacations have been picked since the second week of December of last year. I have only taken 2 consecutive weeks for my wedding/honeymoon, and the birth of my child. Hell I have a tough time going back to work after a 3-day weekend.

OVERBOARD

Can't believe you're even in a position to be picking any weeks in July at this point of the year. Our vacations have been picked since the second week of December of last year. I have only taken 2 consecutive weeks for my wedding/honeymoon, and the birth of my child. Hell I have a tough time going back to work after a 3-day weekend.

Ya I will probably take 2 in July and 1 in August. I have to turn in my picks tomorrow, I just wait until tomorrow to decide.

yeldarb

I always take 3 weeks off in a row, and my others just do individually. Allows for a nice trip if we decide thats what we want.

8Years2Go

When we travel to Surfside Beach I always take 2 in a row, that way I can relax after returning from the beach. However, starting last year and this year I take 3 off in a row, that way if we want to head down a couple days early before the rest of family gets there we can. The remainder of my weeks I try to space out throughout the summer.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
well, I only have 2 weeks yet but for the past 2 years I have taken them back to back. Nothing like having a nice 2 week vacation out of the country every year :D

As Dilli said I am taking 2 weeks off, 3 1/2 times consecutively.

I hate 1 week vaca's. Two days of winding down, 3 of maybe relaxing, and 2 of stressing returning to work.
2 week vaca's aren't much better.
A buddy at work got me onto taking 4 in a row and I finally found myself truly relaxing. It's grown from there to 6 in a row last year and 7 this year. I have several projects around the house to do, a week of fishing planned, and I'll be at every softball game of my daughters senior year. Plus with a longer vaca I'll be ready to go back to work after 7 weeks with my family.

I save one week for the fall to get me by. Plus there's always the scheduled off days they're posting sign up sheets for so it's not as bad as it sounds.