Sunday December 20

FedUpMac

Interesting little law in CT. Think this applies to FedEx?
Sec. 53-303e. More than six days employment in calendar week prohibited. Employee remedies.

(a) No employer shall compel any employee engaged in any commercial occupation or in the work of any industrial process to work more than six days in any calendar week. An employee’s refusal to work more than six days in any calendar week shall not constitute grounds for his dismissal.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's not okay, but it's erroneous to jump to the conclusion that someone at FedEx could have made it depart on time when the reality is that there likely nothing that we, as FedEx, could have done to that effect.
Oh, BS. A lot of times help is cut back at the ramps and a skeleton crew can't possibly finish at the same time a full crew can. Also the Memphis hub loses people as fast they can hire them and the sort does down late 'cause there's not enough help. You seem to think that FedEx is flawless. Well, guess again.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Oh, BS. A lot of times help is cut back at the ramps and a skeleton crew can't possibly finish at the same time a full crew can. Also the Memphis hub loses people as fast they can hire them and the sort does down late 'cause there's not enough help. You seem to think that FedEx is flawless. Well, guess again.

The things you say are so ignorant that I can't decide between putting you on ignore or printing out your posts so I can read them over and over. What does staffing at the hub have to do with decisions made by air traffic controllers? I'll answer it for you. Nothing.

Didn't say FDX was perfect. Far from it, but you're ignorant and you don't know what you're talking about in this instance (or many others).

Purplepackage

The things you say are so ignorant that I can't decide between putting you on ignore or printing out your posts so I can read them over and over. What does staffing at the hub have to do with decisions made by air traffic controllers? I'll answer it for you. Nothing.

Didn't say FDX was perfect. Far from it, but you're ignorant and you don't know what you're talking about in this instance (or many others).

Tomorrow I'll let you know how late our freight was and you can tell me wether or not it was an air traffic problem.

Because it won't be, being in buisness this long it's just sad they don't anticipate being busy

59 Dano

Tomorrow I'll let you know how late our freight was and you can tell me wether or not it was an air traffic problem.

Because it won't be, being in buisness this long it's just sad they don't anticipate being busy

Give me the flight number or flight route and I'll be more than happy to do so.

But again, if it's an ATC issue, you can't blame it on FDX, and vice versa. I know that doesn't fit the narrative here, but...

Purplepackage

But again, if it's an ATC issue, you can't blame it on FDX, and vice versa. I know that doesn't fit the narrative here, but...

Really because my assumption is, last night stations were ending their night sorts late which in turn means late trucks getting to airports etc. which in turn leads to Memphis sort running longer and ending later. Which you guessed means late freight for us which is in turn fedexs fault

59 Dano

Really because my assumption is, last night stations were ending their night sorts late which in turn means late trucks getting to airports etc. which in turn leads to Memphis sort running longer and ending later. Which you guessed means late freight for us which is in turn fedexs fault

In that case, I guess there's no point in looking at the flight info (that you weren't going to provide anyway), is there?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

LMAO! Blaming all the late freight on air traffic controllers. That's a laugh. Sounds like something MT3 told you to say since your his main puppet.

This company bears the brunt of the blame with short staffing, taking on more freight than feasible, engineers who make it all look good on paper and then at the first hiccup then it all turns to crap, too small of aircraft to get the job done, not departing early enough in anticipation of bad weather etc. Should I go on?

Your level of corporate apology is downright scary.

outtatime

Try 1418. I guarantee it's not ATC's fault for the past 2 years. Like today, 2 hours late.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're associating a late outbound flight with the sort going down late or the plane getting loaded late. The next time your inbound flight is late, look at the flight ops screen and see what the delay code is. There are several classifications. Most are ground delays - you can't take off until ATC says so. The most common ground delays are traffic, weather, and equipment issues.
There are in-flight delay codes, the most common one is weather. There are destination airport delay codes, and the most common are the same as the hub departure codes.

Those are almost entirely out of the control of FedEx.

Now, there are delay codes that are controllable on our end. Most of those are NOT GOOD and you're going to be signing something if one is charged to you.

It's not okay, but it's erroneous to jump to the conclusion that someone at FedEx could have made it depart on time when the reality is that there likely nothing that we, as FedEx, could have done to that effect.

Most of our "delays" are inventions so we don't have to pay-out for late freight. WX can be a delay factor any time, but we get late freight all the time...even when the WX is outstanding almost everywhere. ATC? FedEx flies at night when there is minimal air traffic, which should result in fewer ATC delays...simple logic.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We've had "service disruptions" two out of three days this week. Yesterday we had til 1101 for p1. Today, 1050. I wonder what the official excuses were from FedEx.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because it's FedEx. If the customer calls and complains, they tell them mechanical failure, weather, etc. It's a pretty frequent thing now. Why do you think we scoff when they tell us to fulfill "The Purple Promise" for customers. It's a joke.

We do exception scans as well but we don't change the commit time. We are told to run it in trace.