Sunday December 20

35years

Gravy route
If they force you to work Next Sunday (December 20th) what will you do?
1 Work it and take a code 5.
2 Work it and demand 8+ hours
3 Call in.
4 No call, no show.
5 Try to volunteer for Saturday so they can't force me (34 hr rule)

Pay will vary by supplement...straight time, time and a half, double time.
Ability to demand 8 will vary by supplement

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
We worked last Sunday and again this Sunday, mandatory. Next Sunday I am sure will be no different. Take 05 so I can get home at a decent hour (They are making us come back at 6 hours, off by hour 7) and get paid double for the same stops that I would have to do Monday morning for straight time.

35years

Gravy route
If you are coming back under 6 are they telling you that you don't get a 2nd 10 minute paid break (for those with 2 paid 10 minute breaks), and/or no unpaid lunch?

Are you sure you are not entitled by contract to that 2nd paid break if working over 4 or 6 hours? Remember to take your paid break/breaks when taking a code 5.

Does your State have laws regarding a second paid bathroom break if working over 4 hours? Some do.

Last edited:

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
If you are coming back under 6 are they telling you that you don't get a 2nd 10 minute paid break (for those with 2 paid 10 minute breaks), and/or no unpaid lunch?

Are you sure you are not entitled by contract to that 2nd paid break if working over 4 or 6 hours? Remember to take your paid break/breaks when taking a code 5.

Does your State have laws regarding a second paid bathroom break if working over 4 hours? Some do.
We are not required to input lunch. As far as the 2nd paid break, they don't mention a word.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Not sure why it would be a big deal.
We are in the service industry, lest we forget.
It's a short week anyways, and next week is even shorter.
Plenty of time to relax and use that fat paycheck from a mentally tough month.

DOK

If they force you to work Next Sunday (December 20th) what will you do?
1 Work it and take a code 5.
2 Work it and demand 8+ hours
3 Call in.
4 No call, no show.
5 Try to volunteer for Saturday so they can't force me (34 hr rule)

Pay will vary by supplement...straight time, time and a half, double time.
Ability to demand 8 will vary by supplement

Won't happen where I'm at. Full timers can't volunteer and work Saturdays, that's for part timers only.

DOK

We worked last Sunday and again this Sunday, mandatory. Next Sunday I am sure will be no different. Take 05 so I can get home at a decent hour (They are making us come back at 6 hours, off by hour 7) and get paid double for the same stops that I would have to do Monday morning for straight time.

You're called into work, how can they say be off by 7 when you're guaranteed 8?

BrownThunder

13 hours, double time.

giphy.gif

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Option #2. If I have to work I'll be getting paid a minimum of 8 hours. They're planning on not working drivers on 12/19/15 as to avoid the 34 hour reset issue.