Sunday December 20

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Scratch's building is working today. They ran 50 routes in my building yesterday but I made the cut in not having to work.
Th center manager knew if he tried to make today "mandatory" he'd have had at least 90% call in

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ours was mandatory yesterday. They loaded everything and we were told not to sheet any businesses that were closed. I was able to get rid of just under 100 stops and just under 200 packages while bringing back about 20 stops and roughly 60 packages. We also swept all of the drop boxes and the UPS Stores. I also swept both Staples and MBE----don't tell anyone---and just added their outgoing to the pickup pile. I do hope that it will make a difference on Monday. We are starting at 0830 and it would be nice to have an easy day.

mdnj88

Ours was mandatory yesterday. They loaded everything and we were told not to sheet any businesses that were closed. I was able to get rid of just under 100 stops and just under 200 packages while bringing back about 20 stops and roughly 60 packages. We also swept all of the drop boxes and the UPS Stores. I also swept both Staples and MBE----don't tell anyone---and just added their outgoing to the pickup pile. I do hope that it will make a difference on Monday. We are starting at 0830 and it would be nice to have an easy day.

Nice I finished whole route I used helper also. 183 stops 245 pieces. Hope to be done at 2pm tomorrow like last Monday. I've been getting around 280-350 stops between 400-550 packages

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
All the buildings around here have run preload and delivery the last two Saturdays, if they don't get enough volunteers they force from the bottom up. I know feeders had work available today for anyone who wanted double time ( I passed), not sure about preload and delivery.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is my 10 hour Sunday dispatch. $50 an hour all day, no pickups, no commit times, we arent even scanning send agains. Just line 'em up and run 'em off. Every package I get rid of today is a package that wont be piled in over the top of a 14 hour day on Monday. Easy money. 10 hours today plus 14's on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday means I will be on fumes for hours by Xmas eve. Bring it on!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1450642441.967590.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We were told this morning that we will work Sunday, all residential routes are in. Straight time with Helpers for Sunday, Christmas Eve will be time and a half. I could pull seniority and stay home, but I decided to come in. This is a first.
Aren't you guys under the Atlantic Area supplement?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had an easy day with 166 stops. I had my whole route including the golf cart route. I didn't really need a Helper but I used one. I got a nice tip:
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1450659150.736050.jpg

ManInBrown

I don't stick my nose where it doesn't belong or in things I really don't care about. As far as I can tell I think we are OK. They can't make us work Sundays in my local. They can't even force us to work Saturday. That being said a bunch of drivers have been working every Saturday for a few weeks unclogging the network somewhat. Not sure what this week has in store for us. The one thing I do expect is 4,14 hour days for myself, especially since I haven't worked any Saturdays. They were giving the warning this week letting all drivers know that not working Saturday would be a big mistake. What's the worst that can happen? I work 14 hours everyday this week. Whoop-Dee-Do. I really hope my on-car has to Brown up on 12-25. It will make X-Mas morning for me that much more merry. Couldn't happen to a better person