Sunday driving in the books.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ChrisTheBrown, Dec 21, 2014.

1. ChrisTheBrown

ChrisTheBrown Active Member

Like most of you, I wasn't particularly thrilled about having to work/ drive today...Even with being paid time & a half at my center. There's drivers that have been with this company longer then I've been alive, & this was a first Sunday working for everyone..But all in all, this was the easiest day for me, ever. 73 resi stops in exactly 3 hours. How was your day? Our management wanted everyone off the clock, no later then 14:59.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Sounds like a code 5 work you under 6 kind of day. The easiest days I've had are Saturdays delivering air.(few and far between)
  3. Great! I layed on the couch and drank beer.
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

you might to want to check your contract…in seattle we got paid double time. $69 an hour.
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

So everyone played right into their hands. If I'm working give me my 8.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

143 stops, 200 pkgs, 5.5 hours worked.
  7. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

We worked yesterday.. We were told to stop delivering by 12:40 and bring it in safely. Got 58 stops off.. brought back 61 stops. 05 pay code
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Why don't you all force the 8 hour issue? They might not force us to work if they knew everyone would be working or at least paid for 8+
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  9. ChrisTheBrown

Yeah, was a code 5.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  10. I have to ask those that did work today. How has your peak gone compared to past years? Ours has gone well so we escaped deliveries today.
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

Our supplement does not give us that option.
  12. ChrisTheBrown

It is what it is I guess..I don't think most guys cared about having a short day, as many complained about having to work on a Sunday in the first place.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

Ours has been really smooth. We worked today to take the edge off of tomorrow.
  14. ChrisTheBrown

Sounds like a nice pay day for you.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Don't you do that every day?
  16. You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail Active Member

We worked Saturday to take the edge off Monday. I'm expecting to come in to a building drowning in packages tomorrow. Doesn't bother me none. One stop at a time.
  17. Did my wife,hack your account. and post this?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

You went in to work 3 hours? What a waste.

They wanted you all off at 14:59, that's when you punch out @ 15:01.....just to have some fun at their expense
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  19. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

I'd rather work 11 hours tomorrow instead of 3 hours today and 8 hours tomorrow.

Luckily enough drivers volunteered on Sat. that I didn't have to be forced to work. And as far as I know no one at my center worked today.
  20. fres431

fres431 Active Member

It's about ups being able to advance loads they wanna run cold loads from Tuesday Monday ect. In preparation for the last minute wave on Wednesday they paid the price for it out here in ca. It's a good idea especially when the north bay hub that they spent what 200million on(rumored) is only running at what 30% efficiency according to another poster on here.