Sunday. Forced operational necessity.

DRAisawesome

I'm hearing some stations are forcing drivers tomorrow. Don't ask questions just work. Express drivers must be livid. What will they do? Just complain or stand up?

SmithBarney

MT3 slickly stated we'd be working Sunday in the last frontline... and since most people don't listen to the video, no body noticed... I stood up yelled friend-YOU and stormed out...my MGR commended me for my actions, and I won't have to work tomorrow!

adhawk

Those who do not work tomorrow will be working Christmas and I don't know if anyone notices but the federal government changed the hours of service on December 16 what a coincidence guess that's what happens when you have deep pockets like freddie

whenIgetthere

No one being forced here Christmas day, they will have plenty of volunteers. Sunday on the other hand, when I walked into work yesterday, I thought one co-worker was going to go postal when he saw his name on the Sunday forced list. No one listened to me when they took DOT from all the sprinter routes, and I said this was the main reason for doing so. Now they want to know how I knew. I pointed them all here.

Nolimitz

Those who do not work tomorrow will be working Christmas and I don't know if anyone notices but the federal government changed the hours of service on December 16 what a coincidence guess that's what happens when you have deep pockets like freddie

NOT!

bbsam

Staff member
So how does it work for getting hours at Express now? Guaranteed 35 for full time? Is that usually split shifts? What's the prognosis for hours going forward?

Artee

Don't want to work Sunday??? Don't think about becoming an RTD, AGFS locations run 24/7

Heck....I have not worked 1 minute of overtime this peak. I don't sign up for extra hours and its not forced on us. I enjoyed my weekend off. Went to an NFL game on Sunday. Not going to spend my weekends working.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So how does it work for getting hours at Express now? Guaranteed 35 for full time? Is that usually split shifts? What's the prognosis for hours going forward?

Yes, FTers are guaranteed 35 hours. How you get them varies from station to station. I've heard of stations where people have to work splits to get their 35, but that's usually because everyone is scared to fight it. It wouldn't fly at my station.

OT isn't a problem at my station either, but you have to be willing to accept what is offered. A lot of people have all kinds of excuses for why they can't run a PM route, but are the first to complain that they aren't getting any OT. I have no problem getting OT on my route.

Yes, FTers are guaranteed 35 hours. How you get them varies from station to station. I've heard of stations where people have to work splits to get their 35, but that's usually because everyone is scared to fight it. It wouldn't fly at my station.

OT isn't a problem at my station either, but you have to be willing to accept what is offered. A lot of people have all kinds of excuses for why they can't run a PM route, but are the first to complain that they aren't getting any OT. I have no problem getting OT on my route.
Because,you work too slow!:bigsmile2: