Sunday pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Earnhardt, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Earnhardt

Earnhardt New Member

What's the pay rate for Sunday, unscheduled, full time, is it time and a half or double time? Sup tried to tell me it's just straight time.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Read your supplement.

We are working today (Upstate NY) and will be paid time and a half for the first 8 and triple time thereafter.

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

first 8

[​IMG]

after that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I'll be enjoying a day of quiet reflection.

7. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

WALOC :rofl:

8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

[​IMG]

9. jaker

jaker trolling

Here in the west it's stright time

10. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

No double time for all hours worked on Sunday for you? They must like me out in this west.

11. jaker

jaker trolling

How is that when the first day of the week is Sunday

The only way you get double is you are on a 7th punch or you believe the lies

12. TheKid

TheKid Well-Known Member

When I heard we may be working Sunday , I scoured the contract. All I could find was time and a half.

13. fres431

fres431 Active Member

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1419174461.689260.jpg that's how we running a full ground operation all routes no helpers

14. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

There are so many variables regarding Sunday pay its best to contact a steward or BA in your local. They choose not to work many of us in this area at all this weekend. I'm sure there's a big Xmas surprise waiting for me Monday am. Oh well looks like it's going to be a late nite Xmas eve.

15. Brown287

Brown287 Im not the Mail Man!

I'm in the Nor-Cal region and we are getting double time and we are using our helpers if they will work. They don't want any of us working more than 8 hours though.

16. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Yup brown all NorCal buildings are running today. My building about 70% of the volume we had done on Friday. We have one of the strongest suplementals. That's why we ate up 2 district managers an now on our3rd this yr

17. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what day of the week it is(in this case) because in the supplement it says if you work on Sunday it's double time.

18. 40 and out

40 and out Active Member

Central is just straight time too. However, if you work Sunday and Friday all hours worked Friday will be time and a half.

19. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Time and half where I'm and and Friday will now be a 6th punch so that will be at time and a half also.

20. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Are you sure about that? Technically you don't punch in the 25th..this is uncharted waters so I wouldn't get ya hopes up.