Sunday Service

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Orion Syndicate, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Orion Syndicate

Orion Syndicate 90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)

Just got an amazon package delivered by the USPS on a sunday, poor bastards.

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

The way things are going, Sunday delivery will be our fate as well.

3. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Oh that's just crazy talk. Next you're going to tell me we are going to work the day after Thanksgiving.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  4. Orion Syndicate

Orion Syndicate 90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)

I have a post office on my route and one of their sups said they're making no money off that amazon deal, but it is the United States Postal Service where profit goes to die!

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

My SIL received something last Sunday and I was just dumbfounded that this is happening. Just amazing how the all mighty dollar is going to ruin us all.

6. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Let's see demand go up for Saturday service before we start fretting Sundays.

It is sad, though. No reason for Amazon to be delivered on Sunday.

7. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I wouldn't mind having the option of working Sunday thru Thursday, getting a weekday off would be nice sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat Well-Known Member

I see us delivering the Sunday before Christmas. (maybe not this year, but I believe we will soon).

9. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I delivered on Sunday during this last peak.

10. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Same here. I volunteered and worked 8 hours. It was the first Sunday our center had ever delivered. You should have seen the looks people gave me seeing a UPS truck on a Sunday. The other odd thing was the weather. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt in New England a few days before Christmas. Final piece of weirdness was no EDD. I had no manifest of any kind so no clue what was in my truck like when drivers were on paper.
    Weird weird day.

11. rod

rod retired and happy

In the early days we knew what was in the truck because we loaded it-----pre load wasn't invented yet.

12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Lower seniority will work Wednesday through Sunday.

13. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

If we ever started delivering ground on the weekend we'd need more sorts which is unnecessarily expensive. Also, I think they'd have a rough time finding part timers who would want to work on the weekend.

14. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

I think it would be a pretty badass gig if we only worked 4 days and delivered ground on Saturdays.

We could bid on M-Th or Tu-Sa. Work 12 hour days and have three days off.

:censored2: Sundays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Hard enough to find ones to work Monday thru Friday at the wages UPS wants to pay.

16. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

They finally got a starting rate raise after how long....

17. I was out of hours at about 7:00 on Friday by design every week.

18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

30 years. Don't know what is wrong with these young people not wanting to work for peanuts.

19. No thanks but I do love the dog pic in your avatar.

20. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

I had heard they (USPS) were going to run Sundays in certain high population markets (NYC, ect) but what's confusing about this is that the post master general has been trying to eliminate Saturday delivery in order to stop bleeding cash. Why would you start Sundays while at the same time fighting to stop Saturday service? Especially since Sunday service is another money losing proposition.