Sunrise Shift Question

MindsetJay

I'm new to UPS, and was wondering if the hours to Sunrise are M-friend? I used to work at FedEx and the Sunrise shift was T-S. Can someone confirm the hours? Thanks!!

bplppl

I think it can vary from center to center depending on volume but at my center we go in @ 5am and done around 9 - 9:15am. Peak is here and Monday after Thanksgiving start time is 4:30 and will probably remain thru peak.

Mr Shifter

Sunrise would be m-friend 3:30-6:30 or later. The sunrise guys would occasionally would until 8 for putting left in building into the retain trailers/clean up. Sunrise is a hub sort and doesn't work with package car loading but trailers that feed the outlining centers.

Nimnim

The Nim
Sunrise would be m-friend 3:30-6:30 or later. The sunrise guys would occasionally would until 8 for putting left in building into the retain trailers/clean up. Sunrise is a hub sort and doesn't work with package car loading but trailers that feed the outlining centers.

My hub doesn't have a Sunrise sort, but yeah it's like a midnight or twilight where they're primarily dealing with volume doing to other centers/hubs and not the local facility preload/delivery.

To the OP, if you're going to be starting a sunrise shift they should be letting you know what days you work. It's a safe bet if they have you come in on Monday it'll be M-friend though. Inside work is always 5 days, if there's anything special you'll be told before you start else you wouldn't know when to show up.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In my hub....sunrise sort is the preload sort.....it definitely involves package car loading.