Sunrise Shift Question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MindsetJay, Nov 25, 2013.

1. MindsetJay

MindsetJay New Member

I'm new to UPS, and was wondering if the hours to Sunrise are M-F? I used to work at FedEx and the Sunrise shift was T-S. Can someone confirm the hours? Thanks!!
  2. bplppl

bplppl New Member

I think it can vary from center to center depending on volume but at my center we go in @ 5am and done around 9 - 9:15am. Peak is here and Monday after Thanksgiving start time is 4:30 and will probably remain thru peak.
  3. blkmamba

blkmamba Active Member

It most likely is the preload shift which will be m-f
  4. Mr Shifter

Mr Shifter Active Member

Sunrise would be m-f 3:30-6:30 or later. The sunrise guys would occasionally would until 8 for putting left in building into the retain trailers/clean up. Sunrise is a hub sort and doesn't work with package car loading but trailers that feed the outlining centers.
  5. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

My hub doesn't have a Sunrise sort, but yeah it's like a midnight or twilight where they're primarily dealing with volume doing to other centers/hubs and not the local facility preload/delivery.

To the OP, if you're going to be starting a sunrise shift they should be letting you know what days you work. It's a safe bet if they have you come in on Monday it'll be M-F though. Inside work is always 5 days, if there's anything special you'll be told before you start else you wouldn't know when to show up.
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

In my hub....sunrise sort is the preload definitely involves package car loading.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Are you sure you work in a hub? It sounds like you work out of a delivery center which normally would not have a sunrise sort.