Sunrise , Twilight , Midnight.

nystripe96

That depends entirely on you honestly. All shifts are tough, so don't think just because you get the shift you desire it will be easy. I got the twilight shift which is the one I wanted. I've learned very quickly that regardless of how good a job you're doing, the supes won't care, and just say you can do better. Whichever shift you get, I suggest you just go to work, work your butt off and don't take offense to the verbal jabs you're going to receive. You will get yelled at, you will get overwhelmed, you will have bad days. I guarantee it. In the end just know, it could be worse & if you can hack it and are patient the sky is the proverbial limit with UPS. Good luck

Canes305

Oh trust me i know. I am actually coming back for my second go around. Previously working sunrise , I was just wondering if it was any different.

nystripe96

Sunrise, I dunno how it works cuz I'm loading trailers instead of package cars. I'm sure its diff, and someone hopefully will answer your question much better than me

menotyou

bella amicizia
Sunrise is the best. My old shift. Very hard work, but A great workout. Loading trucks allows you a better understanding of what hell it is. So, when you drive, you give your preloader a bit of slack because you understand how impossible the job has become.

brett636

Just take the shift that works best with your schedule and life. Every shift is pretty much the same, moving boxes as fast as you can, and the only real difference is the hours of the day you are working.

helenofcalifornia

I am partial to the twilight shift because I could work another FT job and UPS PT. I worked preload (sunrise) for 8 years until I went driving, and that last year was a bitch. Always been a morning person until that last year.

As previously said, do what works best for you and your family. Twilight shift, you never have to worry about missing your favorite show, because you won't be watching them. Sunrise, get used to going to bed at 9 p.m. Twilight is easier on the body. We are normally awake and alert at that time of day after having 8 hours of normal sleep. Sunrise is easier to have a balanced life. You will at least have a couple of hours in the early evening do do things with fam and friends. But the hours sleeping will never be normal. Get used to 5-6hours daily and You will look at 6 a.m. on weekends as "sleeping in."

I think loading trucks in the A.M. is the hardest job of ALL jobs at UPS. And remember, if you are in it to get a job driving, it will most likely be a long wait, (but worth it) so take the job you think you will be able to tolerate for the next 8-10 years. (took me 8 years PT to drive at my small center. And the economy was booming then, so.....might be a while.) Hey, GOOD LUCK!!!! And I mean that sincerely. Not sarcastically. It's hard to start any new job. ( and now let's all repeat what we have been told oh so many times since 2008 "At least you have a job!"

And don't be put off by some of these people here. There are so many lurkers who won't comment because of what others may say. It's our loss that we never hear what they think. Kind of like the new "silent majority."

nystripe96

The job is very tough, and thank god for dvr considering I'm on the twilight. A job is a job is a job. Economy sux, so I feel blessed even at my low pt salary. My hub is huge, so I'm hoping the wait to become driver is less than 5 years. We'll see I guess