sunscreen..love it, hate it ..what brand??

Canuck83

Best is Banana Boat SPF 30. Cream, never the spray. Give it 20-30 minutes to set in before you start sweating and it won't run in your eyes. I go through a tube every 3 weeks here, usually reapplying to my exposed driver/helper arm that's taking direct sun. For the worst, Walgreen's generic. Got some in my eyes, was nearly blind the whole day as the waterproof feature also repels tears.

anymore than 15 minutes in direct sun is too long without sunscreen. use spf 30 at least and has to be broad spectrum. reapply every hour if your sweating. for full protection wear pants instead of shorts, long sleeves, hat, and even gloves. it does all suck to do but CANCER sucks worse.

J

jibbs

anymore than 15 minutes in direct sun is too long without sunscreen. use spf 30 at least and has to be broad spectrum. reapply every hour if your sweating. for full protection wear pants instead of shorts, long sleeves, hat, and even gloves. it does all suck to do but CANCER sucks worse.

:sad-very:

Cancer may well suck very much, but my health scares in the past have taught me to never sacrifice living in the present on the hope that I might live a little longer in the future. I'm in the present, there's no guarantee that my future will last much longer than what I'm currently experiencing.

Get out and enjoy the warm weather, man. Unless a person is in an extreme location I feel like your advice may be accurate, truthful, but not inherently necessary. Sounds to me like you live in fear of the sun or something...

oldupsman

I use Blue Lizard sensitive SPF 30+. I'm totally bald and my doctor comments how well my chrome dome is free of any skin damage.
She tells me this at my yearly physical which I get free of charge under my UPS health care plan which I'm about to lose. Not to
​throw in a plug or anything.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
It's not on purpose! The only way around sunburns for me is to wear winter clothing or avoid daylight during the summer months. SPF30? 45? They don't seem to work and I tend to use WAY more than a "1/2 shot glass" worth of the stuff.

I'm French Canadian/Irish/Algonquin Native American and I definitely look more the French Canadian/Irish part. My brother's the lucky one, though, he can go nearly anywhere in Central America and look like a local. He had me convinced one of us were adopted growing up. Appearance-wise it's like Yin and Yang, man... I don't think that guy's had a single sunburn his entire life.

Everyone can sun burn. When I was playing football in high school, some of the black players were complaining about sun burn. Some were also talking about getting a tan. I couldnt believe both those claims, yet it is all true.

dqs95124

I use banana boat sport mist, for the arms & legs. face, broad spectrum SPF90.I had my skin cancer scare 2 yrs ago. I've always used sunscreen when We go fishing, on vaca ect. now every day. but it sweats off. good post. have to try some that were suggested..

J

jibbs

Everyone can sun burn. When I was playing football in high school, some of the black players were complaining about sun burn. Some were also talking about getting a tan. I couldnt believe both those claims, yet it is all true.

Of course they tan and sunburn. I didn't say my brother couldn't, however, just that he's lucky to be so UV-tolerant that he hasn't been in a situation extreme enough for his skin to sunburn.

No one's immune to the sun, man, but some folks are definitely more resistant/tolerant than others to the adverse effects of prolonged sun exposure.