sup bought us pizza yesterday.

brown bomber

brown bomber
in the past in our building....FOOD FOR DRIVERS = FREE BREAKFAST, OR LUNCH, OR DINNER FOR MANAGEMENT I can't tell you how many times I came in on the last day of peak, and there was nothing left...it was scavenged by outside mgt., car washers, and part-time hub employees.......it usually didn't really matter too much, I was always off the following week

gorilla75jdw

the company provides your full-timers with $100.00 a week to use for recognition for anything from attendence to misloads and any other type of statistical crap . If yur full-time sup. doesnt use the money to recognize the employees , then so what . Our full-timer hasnt recognized us in so long , the company cancelled his card for not using it ,lol. Doesnt matter either way , I and I hope you wont be BOUGHT off for a pack of goobers or a bottled water . Pizza sounds great , but I would rather be a man and provide for myself . Dont get me wrong , I might take a slice , but I dont depend , or look forward to it .

J

jibbs

Pizza sounds great , but I would rather be a man and provide for myself . Dont get me wrong , I might take a slice , but I dont depend , or look forward to it .

Funny, I never met/heard of anyone else also feeling this way. More often than not, when there's some kind of incentive or reward food I just get more annoyed at being bombarded with questions about what I want or if I'm sick because I likely won't accept anything unless I'm fairly hungry or if I'm sure I don't want something. The one exception: blueberry muffins. I'll go in so hard on some blueberry muffins that the rest of the building won't even know there was free food in the office.

stink219

for a while there we weren't getting anything, recently they started getting us chips and water for going injury free for a week, then they gave us little caesers pizza for no injuries in a month. yesterday they sprang some bucks and gave us some actually good pizza from a local place for improving mis-sorts. is it just my hub or is ups hooking it up again? they were cheapskates for the last few years, wonder if they are buttering us up somehow for the contract talks?

recently i saw the drivers eating chicken dinners supplied by the full time sups, winner winner chicken dinner!!!

do u think they will bring back the turkeys at christmas and gifts for milestones of service?

come on ups you guys made billions last year, keep the freebies coming lol!!!!
It's poisoned!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
i think the last time we had a cookout was pre-97

I sniff something in the wind. Could it be contract time?

Finally, somebody said it!!!

This was my first thought when this thread was in its infancy.
I wanted to see if anybody else would make that observation.
It will be the summer of love until we have a new, ratified contract.
We aren't being rewarded for safety goals, rather softened for a yes vote on a subpar contract.
UPS doesn't care about safety, they care about minimizing liability while maximizing productivity.
When I snap my fingers, you will no longer be hypnotized and able to see the forest for the trees.
:hypnosis:

SNAP!!!!

jaker

trolling
I have never ate their food or take anything from them , if I get handed something ( like water bottles ) I just give it to my loader

We might get something soon the way our hub is going with injurys and accidents the only thing left is to bribe us with food

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Corporate thinks they are cunning with the typical union-busting.

When I worked for a private co. from 1996-2001, there was a time (1998?) I had to walk through picket lines. We weren't union, but the drivers were and they were out striking for weeks if not months. They were Teamsters, too.

Being pretty young at the time, I had no idea what was really going on. But the one memory that stood out was the brass of the company coming in from PA and providing an "outing" day, where the night shift had a giant cookout with games and activities. Looking back on this, the anti-union efforts were so poorly constructed and timed that even I could see through the brainwashing going on. Shortly after that, the captivating anti-union propaganda sit-downs and videos started popping. It wasn't a weak campaign, either; was pedal to the metal, full throttle.

I do think that (without being too cynical), we should remind our younger brothers and sisters who're maybe a little green like I was, that the heart and soul of corporate America and UPS aren't buying coffee and donuts for any other reason than to influence and sway.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I do think that (without being too cynical), we should remind our younger brothers and sisters who're maybe a little green like I was, that the heart and soul of corporate America and UPS aren't buying coffee and donuts for any other reason than to influence and sway.

Not necessarily. Many companies offer coffee, doughnuts, bagels, candy & other snacks to motivate and incentify their employees. Sugar and caffeine make great treats - and have the byproduct of increasing alertness & productivity.

In low-wage jobs, treats are an excellent cheap solution toward many problems. For example, if your office staff is having a hard time showing up at 6AM, perhaps you offer a cheap free breakfast every morning. Continental items like fruit, bread, cereal & oatmeal do not require preparation & are available for only a few coins per employee -- easily made up with productivity that's otherwise lost.

Unfortunately, the poor job market has allowed UPS to replace food items with write-ups... instead of rewarding employees for their productivity, now issue warning letters when their performance legs. Last year we were making record production, and all FT & PT supervisors were receiving bonus checks ... guess how much they shared with us? Not even a 5c cookie or anything.

ibleedbrown

We aren't being rewarded for safety goals, rather softened for a yes vote on a subpar contract.
UPS doesn't care about safety, they care about minimizing liability while maximizing productivity.
When I snap my fingers, you will no longer be hypnotized and able to see the forest for the trees.

SNAP!!!!

lol i actually made that observation in my original post, i said i wonder if they are buttering us up for the contract talks. i take what they give but give a cautious eye. kind of like how neuman looks at kramer on seinfeld.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If UPS had not offered things regularly in the not-to-distance-past, with many of the good mgmt people who embraced such philosophies when it came to keeping a motivated workgroup still around, I might believe that all of this was solely to butter us up. However, I can say my mgmt team for the past couple of years has provided goodies for us on a regular basis for our going 0/0 in accidents/injuries; we were getting bagels, apples, bananas, oranges, and Orange and apple juice every monday. Recently we had a lengthy stretch of time pass and were rewarded with pizza; we fell short of a steak bbq by 10 days, but were treated to a safety breakfast the following Monday, I guess as a way of saying "Thank You", like when fans stand up and applaud after a well-played game even after their team lost.

There are many good people who work at UPS in mgmt, and just as we drivers won't let the endless desire to chase metrics hold us back from offering good service, some strong people in mgmt remember what good managing involves-saying "Thank You"-for a job well done.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

SNAP!!!!

If you think more of UPS because they give you a burnt hot dog and a raw burger, then, dude, we're in big trouble...

Moneythehardway

We get pizza nearly every week in my center; Started about 2 months ago. My thoughts are hey, if they're offering free food I'll take it but come contract time if I don't like what I see there, I'm still voting no.

A

anonymous6

for a while there we weren't getting anything, recently they started getting us chips and water for going injury free for a week, then they gave us little caesers pizza for no injuries in a month. yesterday they sprang some bucks and gave us some actually good pizza from a local place for improving mis-sorts. is it just my hub or is ups hooking it up again? they were cheapskates for the last few years, wonder if they are buttering us up somehow for the contract talks?

recently i saw the drivers eating chicken dinners supplied by the full time sups, winner winner chicken dinner!!!

do u think they will bring back the turkeys at christmas and gifts for milestones of service?

come on ups you guys made billions last year, keep the freebies coming lol!!!!

you think the contract negotiations has anything to do with this???>>>>>>>>>>>>DUH!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We get donuts and coffee every Friday when we go accident and injury free, and I used to take 3 or 4 and look forward to it. Now, I walk right past all that crap and just do my work. If the company REALLY wanted to show us that we are appreciated, how about keep in more split routes on Mondays/Fridays so that we can all clock out at a decent time. You guys can take your donuts and shove 'em