sup bringing out misloads

otizanig

Monday a sup brings out misloads asks to delivery they are commercial stops and its now past 4 o'clock. still had pickups left, luckily able to get them off, can file grievance on him for bringing these out, how would it work?

barnyard

KTM rider
You can file on it, but I do not see the point. You file on it and in the future, you will get a diad message, on a Friday, to come back to the building to pick up and deliver missed pieces. Do you really want that?

Monday a sup brings out misloads asks to delivery they are commercial stops and its now past 4 o'clock. still had pickups left, luckily able to get them off, can file grievance on him for bringing these out, how would it work?
You can most definitely file....BUT........They will go after the preload for misloads and try to pass out warning letters.
I usually let this one go.

Packmule

Commercial status was stupid at 4:00 or later, but I would much rather a sup brought them out to me than make me even later chasing around trying to pick them up, then go deliver them.
Better still, put scanners on the backs of the PCs so preloaders make fewer mistakes.

Rholly

You can file on it, but I do not see the point. You file on it and in the future, you will get a diad message, on a Friday, to come back to the building to pick up and deliver missed pieces. Do you really want that?
Once you get back to the building they can not make you go back out. At Least in my local. If he is just shuttling them out to you and not actually delivering them I am not sure what your grievance would be.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here a sup can shuttle out packages if there is no hourly available. Sometimes an air driver will do it (shuttle packages but not deliver ) but other times a sup is the only person available. UPS would frequently force a preload sup to shuttle misloads as punishment for running a screwed up preload.

Indecisi0n

I call it, 'picking my battles.'

There has to be a balance between getting our customers their packages and us doing the work.
So drivers get written up for missing a handrail one time out of 180 but you just want to "let the sup go" for his wrong doing. Great example of backing up fellow employees.

BrownTexas

A sup bringing you a miss load should be grieved because it is UPS taking a job away from a bargaining unit employee. There should be a bargaining unit employee out there picking up miss loads, shuttling them, or delivering them as needed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A sup bringing you a miss load should be grieved because it is UPS taking a job away from a bargaining unit employee. There should be a bargaining unit employee out there picking up miss loads, shuttling them, or delivering them as needed.

What if there are no misloads to be shuttled? Would this person work "on call"?

Resident know-it-all.

fres431

Have a utility part time employee file on it..any part timer that's dot that can be their work..also a progression starter..

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

What if there are no misloads to be shuttled? Would this person work "on call"?

Resident know-it-all.
Yes. I am on call to either shuttle misloads around or deliver them. Normally air drivers do the shuttling after they get their air off but, sometimes the drivers won't start finding them until later in the day.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Free money? What's wrong with that? And besides, after you come back to the building after completing your assigned duties, you have no obligation to go back out. It's in the contract.