sup bringing out misloads

wayfair

swollen member
we have a 2 o'clock curfew to find misloads... go through your load and check pals that have your route number on it... do that in 100 degrees... I normally have around50-60 stops left to do... I start pickups at 315-500pm...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And I'm sure their insurance company will love to know that they are conducting UPS business in their car. How does that work if they get into an accident and GOD forbid someone was killed? I have been asked a few times to run something on the way home and they'll pay me time for it. Nope.

I used to run off misloads on the way home all the time. The OMS would adjust my RTB and punch out times. Our new center manager has put an end to this practice due to the concerns you mentioned above. We do have a magnetic DOT placard that can be used if need be.

Indecisi0n

we have a 2 o'clock curfew to find misloads... go through your load and check pals that have your route number on it... do that in 100 degrees... I normally have around50-60 stops left to do... I start pickups at 315-500pm...
Find a shady tree, open both the front/rear bulk doors and take 30-40mins everyday to look for your misloads. Always work as directed.

BrownTexas

Gotta work as instructed. If it take you 30 minutes to go through your car, so be it.

Fragile

It does take a half hour or so, but it's easier to deliver later on because you're not looking for anything anymore once your packages are set up. It also works out in the summer because you spend the time to set up the load once and you're not back there for too long for the rest of the day because all you're doing is grabbing and delivering. It's also less frustrating.

I've been doing this since I've started, before the EDD/PAS days, and always had 20-40 minute gap usually around 1230-1:00 while I set my load up, but after I'm done have zero gaps throughout my day.

Work smarter, not harder.

anonymousupsman

The must have an hourly worker with them. No matter what.
That alone is one paid grievance that pays double time. If he brought them in his personal car that's another grievance.
That was supposed to be a teamster brother/sisters work that they're taking away from us.

10 point

I used to run off misloads on the way home all the time. The OMS would adjust my RTB and punch out times. Our new center manager has put an end to this practice due to the concerns you mentioned above. We do have a magnetic DOT placard that can be used if need be.
Sticking a DOT placard on a noncommercial, uninspected personal vehicle?? Got a DVIR book with history in the vehicle? Good luck at a Vehicle Inspection point. Hope you aren't hauling hazmats/ORMDs. Really dumb move.

PT Car Washer

My building has a magnetic "UPS Delivery Vehicle" sign. I have only had to use it a couple times when we were out of package cars to go run NDA. Pay us mileage for using our own vehicle. I don't like the wear and tear on my own truck but it does not happen very often.

wayfair

swollen member
we had an air driver that used his personal vehicle to do some pickups, when he was done, he tried to drive on property to run his vehicle though the car wash... lol

bbsam

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, are there liability issues for management bringing packages out in their personal vehicles? I know there are at Ground.