Sup/Teamster ratio?

nineyearsUGH

We run about 40 part timers on the preload with three 22.3s. They just introduced the second newly-hired pt sup this morning. That makes 7 part time supervisors along with the two full time sups.
This seems like a ridiculous ratio of sups to workers. What is it like in your building?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I talked to one the other day who supervises two loaders. I thought it was bad when I saw roughly 10:1 going on before.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
My direct area has a PT supervisor that's responsible for 6 people. The entire training department is filled with kids that probably can't buy a beer yet.. personally, I think the company likes keeping a high ratio in case of a labor dispute.

Our training department is basically a mobile contract breaking team. They've made me a few hundred bucks in grievances over the last few years.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
On a now-eliminated shift, we had 17 PT supervisors managing 11 hourlies. The company kept eliminating hourly jobs, but would replace outgoing supervisors. Of course, the sups were mainly performing bargaining work. When a grievance was finally filed, the company claimed ignorance ("we had no idea ... why didn't you bring this to our attention before?") but eliminated the sort altogether.

upser92

It seems like every other week there is a new female PT sup. I think the Preload manager hires them right off the barstool.

Buddy of mine is trying to get promoted. Got passed over for two girls, one just got hired in four months ago. He's been there about 2 years, works hard, and goes to school. I won't lie we have a lot of useless sups

PT Car Washer

Buddy of mine is trying to get promoted. Got passed over for two girls, one just got hired in four months ago. He's been there about 2 years, works hard, and goes to school. I won't lie we have a lot of useless sups
Tell him UPS is doing him a favor by not demoting him. Keep going to school, work Sat Air for extra money and look for a better job. Or hang in there for full time and Sat Air will be a bonus experience.

10veleze

My direct area has a PT supervisor that's responsible for 6 people. The entire training department is filled with kids that probably can't buy a beer yet.. personally, I think the company likes keeping a high ratio in case of a labor dispute.

Our training department is basically a mobile contract breaking team. They've made me a few hundred bucks in grievances over the last few years.

LMAO, where I work is the same, They have a lot of puppets out of high school doing a supervisor job. The only thing they care is about the numbers and look good.