Sup test soon

STL bob

I Just made seniority yesterday as a loader, worked my ass off and continually asked about promotions. My FT Sup said I could take the Sup test in "a couple of weeks". Should I bother trying to pass the pickoff test? Does the dollar raise carry over to whatever pay you get as a PT Sup?

I plan on working here through college, getting management experience and then moving into the finance world.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You'll be a much better asset to the company as an hourly. We need more guys busting it like you to make this company great. Take your pick off test and stay hourly.

Go get em tiger!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I Just made seniority yesterday as a loader, worked my ass off and continually asked about promotions. My FT Sup said I could take the Sup test in "a couple of weeks". Should I bother trying to pass the pickoff test? Does the dollar raise carry over to whatever pay you get as a PT Sup?

I plan on working here through college, getting management experience and then moving into the finance world.

Don't listen to those two.

Take the pick off test and the dollar raise that goes with it and then go for the PT sup job. It will look really good on your resume.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Your pay rate probably won't be changed by taking the pick off test, but it will make you more useful.

Though I'd honestly wait until after peak to try for a sup job. You don't want to get dropped into that position in the middle of peak.

rod

Retired 22 years
(1:00)
Your pay rate probably won't be changed by taking the pick off test, but it will make you more useful.

Though I'd honestly wait until after peak to try for a sup job. You don't want to get dropped into that position in the middle of peak.

Tell him why ----------:-)

It even grinds up Tampons!(1:00)

trickpony1

STL bob-
"It will really good on your resume"

It also really impresses the girls at the nightclubs when you tell them you are a supervisor at UPS ($$$$$).

Just neglect to tell them you are "part time".