Sup working grievances

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So, are you still filing them during peak? I've been pretty tolerant when my sup has come to take work off me because he was using an hourly helper with him, but today an on-car (not mine) shuttled some misloads out to me in a uhaul by himself. Probably gonna file.

box_beeyotch

Man I'll tell you, normally I'd be the first to file on something like that. Supervisors don't touch packages or do bargaining unit work point blank period, but it's peak, let it go. In the regular season, file it right in front of their face.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I filed one this week: i observed a PT supe doing bargaining unit work for 30 minutes each day, everyday last week(called him out each time too!) and the look on his face when the steward and I went to get them signed off was bloody PRICELESS. he turned red and spit out:" This is PEAK!!!!" it was funny as could be!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
An on road grabbing misloads or running splits with a preloader who is unqualified once and while because the volume spikes during peak is one thing. Especially the way they've been advancing loads with no advanced noticed. But a pt sup 30 mins a day all week, looks like they could use anoter preloader.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, are you still filing them during peak? I've been pretty tolerant when my sup has come to take work off me because he was using an hourly helper with him, but today an on-car (not mine) shuttled some misloads out to me in a uhaul by himself. Probably gonna file.

So you would prefer to come back to the building and pick them up yourself?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
In the hub, I let it slide as long as everyone that wants to work is being allowed to work as many hours as they want. Under the language in the national master, supervisors can work if all other means of acquiring bargaining unit employees have been exhausted.

They'd never dare do this to me. It's not respectful.

Bottom rung

I filed one this week: i observed a PT supe doing bargaining unit work for 30 minutes each day, everyday last week(called him out each time too!) and the look on his face when the steward and I went to get them signed off was bloody PRICELESS. he turned red and spit out:" This is PEAK!!!!" it was funny as could be!
I was told we cant file on that unless we notify management that I would like to be put on the clock. We can't just watch then file.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I went back to my old hub one day this week 3 times, as I waited for my trailer to pull out, I went to hit the head, and as I did I saw the dispatch loading a 24' rental truck. I greeted him and said "You're loading a truck? Let me know how long you're gonna load this so I know what to write on the grievance.....now, where's my shop steward"

I went back hours later and he was STILL at it. Told him I was going to file on him for the hours, and he just shook his head and looked down, as if to say ":censored2:" LOL

If I cared, I'd file. But now that I make the big boy $$, I don't need a few more bucks

fres431

Then why speak on it and why give him hard time? Tell another union member to file. After peak they going to be number crunching ojs mofos

I went back to my old hub one day this week 3 times, as I waited for my trailer to pull out, I went to hit the head, and as I did I saw the dispatch loading a 24' rental truck. I greeted him and said "You're loading a truck? Let me know how long you're gonna load this so I know what to write on the grievance.....now, where's my shop steward"

I went back hours later and he was STILL at it. Told him I was going to file on him for the hours, and he just shook his head and looked down, as if to say ":censored2:" LOL

If I cared, I'd file. But now that I make the big boy $$, I don't need a few more bucks
Maybe that part timer,they sent home early does.?