Super Bowl Pools

moreluck

golden ticket member
159018_600.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does anybody go a little crazy on pools for the big game? I know I do.

There is a pool at a local bar that has 100 squares @ $100 per square. The custom is that the winner will use some of their largesse to buy a round of drinks for everyone at the bar and tip the bartender(s) and bar owner. Several years ago a very well known local businessman won the pool and rather than honor the custom tucked the $10K in to his pocket and left. Needless to say he is no longer welcome there.

I have one bet on the game-----$20 straight up with this kid who works at the UPS Store. We had talked about the bet for the two weeks leading up to the game. He wanted 3.5 while I was willing to give him 1. As I was walking out Friday night I told him $20 pick 'em. He accepted.

I find it hard to enjoy the game if I know that I have money on it.

I would also find it hard to enjoy the game if I played fantasy football.

rod

Retired 22 years
Its impossible to find a board around here now at a bar. A few years ago the state gambling Nazis nixed all boards, dice cups and cards from any place serving alcohol. If caught using this stuff they can lose their liquor license. There are some personal boards going around but you wouldn't dare take them into a bar and sell squares (although you if you know the right people you can still buy your spots at a bar and get your numbers later). Personally I was glad to see the dice cups go. I was forever having to buy a round.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Its impossible to find a board around here now at a bar. A few years ago the state gambling Nazis nixed all boards, dice cups and cards from any place serving alcohol. If caught using this stuff they can lose their liquor license. There are some personal boards going around but you wouldn't dare take them into a bar and sell squares (although you if you know the right people you can still buy your spots at a bar and get your numbers later). Personally I was glad to see the dice cups go. I was forever having to buy a round.
I was just in northern Wisconsin this weekend and the ATF was nosing around confiscating pool money.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was just in northern Wisconsin this weekend and the ATF was nosing around confiscating pool money.

I even won 50 bucks in the dollar board we had at our party. I liked everything about the game except the rap/hiphop song? or what every you call it from the one entertainer? . I didn't care who won as long as my numbers were up. I enjoyed the little brawl at the end also.---I was hoping all the seats in the house would empty and join in.