Super Committee

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Dems on Deficit Supercommittee Want Trillions In Tax Hikes To Pay For More Stimulus Spending…[/h]
Dem-leaders-550x366.jpg

Trillions?

(The Hill/OTM) — Democrats on the congressional supercommittee this week presented Republicans with a plan to cut the deficit that included billions of dollars in stimulus spending, aides told The Hill.

In a private meeting of the deficit panel Tuesday, Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, presented a proposal backed by a majority of Democrats on the panel that includes trillions of dollars in tax increases. The revenue would partially cover stimulus spending for the economy, aides said.

More than 50 percent of the deficit reduction in the plan would come from tax increases, one source said.
The plan from Democrats approaches the $3 trillion in deficit reduction that was included in the “grand bargain” that lawmakers debated over the summer.

bbsam

Staff member
You didn't really think the battle was over with the debt ceiling, did you? And now the left is mobilizing with OWS...should be interesting.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results is insanity!

Obama's brainless idea of a super committee is stupid. You take the same people who disagree in congress and put them together in a room and expect them to not disagree on everything.

Like today, He asked on TV........"Been to the Bejing airport lately?" No, you idiot, we can't afford trips like that thanks to you!

It would have made great sense to form a super committee of CEOs and the best economists in the country. Give them the country's problems in a 'story problem form' of a company's problems. Let them come to agreement on what to do. They would've had a working solution by now. They would make this country "lean & mean" just like companies have to be when the economy is not great!

A leader brings people together. Well?? :knockedout:

klein

Für Meno :)
Yup, bring those big corps in, that already run the country, and that gave themselves a hefty 375% pay raise in the last 30 years, compared to your average 30% raise over that same period of time - That will work !

Tax cuts for corps and the rich, and National Sales Tax so the middleclass and poor can pay for it all.
If that's not enough, then cut medicare and SS.

If that's what you really want, why not just let Exxon and Coca Cola run the country ?
Have you heard this morning Exxon had another record profit, a whopping 46% more then last year ? Thanks to higher gas prices.

Thanks Exxon, for not passing the savings onto the consumers, that pay out of their noses !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't say bring in the big corporations.......I said bring in the leaders CEOs of big companies. They would know what to do when things get bad. The people with experience in running a company ARE NOT the company themselves.

Obama has no business knowledge and we look to him for a solution. How sad we are!!

You need to read deeper than you do, quit scanning because you get the wrong interpretation of what someone says.

klein

oh, I know, get rid of minimum wage, and get rid of unions. Then you can compete with the Chinese Labor rates, soon.
a buck per day, and eat rice, live in small apartments and ride bicycles.

moreluck

golden ticket member
oh, I know, get rid of minimum wage, and get rid of unions. Then you can compete with the Chinese Labor rates, soon.
a buck per day, and eat rice, live in small apartments and ride bicycles.
There's just no predicting the direction your brain will go !

island1fox

:happy-very:Lets see--small apartments ride bicycles-at least Al Gore would be happy. That is as long as it does not apply to his Liberal limo and huge Mansion and Private Jet.

No worries on the Super Committee-- both Dems and Repubs on the commitee are too busy raising money with Lobby Dinners ,Lunch and breakfast to get anything done.

Last edited:

klein

There's just no predicting the direction your brain will go !

Lets pretend tonight at midnight, UPSers decide to go non-union.
You know what the PCM tomorrow morning will be all about ?

"as of todays starting time, your wages will be reduced to closer reflect our competitors wages of Fedex to $20 hr max". yadadda...etc.

Guaranteed !

moreluck

golden ticket member

"as of todays starting time, your wages will be reduced to closer reflect our competitors wages of Fedex to $20 hr max". yadadda...etc.

Guaranteed !
You won't be paying any dues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Guaranteed !

This will be addressed on 2013 with a two-tiered pay structure for FT pkg car drivers.

bbsam

Staff member
:happy-very:Lets see--small apartments ride bicycles-at least Al Gore would be happy. That is as long as it does not apply to his Liberal limo and huge Mansion and Private Jet.

No worries on the Super Committee-- both Dems and Repubs on the commitee are too busy raising money with Lobby Dinners ,Lunch and breakfast to get anything done.
And when they don't get anything done.... But the if the European nations can get it together, why can't we?

klein

And when they don't get anything done.... But the if the European nations can get it together, why can't we?

If I was Obama, I would have just caved in to the repulicans, and let them scrap SS and medicare.
Then told the public... expect more of those cuts once they get elected, or elect me, and I'll reverse it all, and tax the rich more instead.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Guaranteed !

Now that's a great idea.
Since union dues are structured on a percentage of wages paid, then the IBT will also have to get use to receiving less.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If I was Obama, I would have just caved in to the repulicans, and let them scrap SS and medicare.
Then told the public... expect more of those cuts once they get elected, or elect me, and I'll reverse it all, and tax the rich more instead.
Too late with that plan, Mitt has promised to use his executive powers to exempt all states from Obamacare as his first act.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
klein, just for your info. It's Harry Reid (D), who has killed the job bill and other proposals attempted in the Senate.