Super Committee

klein

Für Meno :)
Too late with that plan, Mitt has promised to use his executive powers to exempt all states from Obamacare as his first act.

Yup, and whomever is the next president will need to come up with another healthcare act.
As things stand, within 8 years the US healthcare system will cost double as much as it is today.
And that's under the best conditions, with low interest rates and the US dollar not devaluating.
Which I truley doubt, because another downgrade will follow, if the republicans can't agree on some new form on raising tax revenue.

And the chinese already have too many eggs (US dollars), in their basket, so I wouldn't count on them to keep piling up on US treasuries, especially with another downgrade.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"whomever is the next president will need to come up with another healthcare act."

Why ?
Unless you are part of the 1% who thinks that health care is a human right ?

klein

"whomever is the next president will need to come up with another healthcare act."

Why ?
Unless you are part of the 1% who thinks that health care is a human right ?

Just don't start a new thread in 2013 and complain if you have a $5000 medical deductable and/or higher premiums taken off your pay-check.
Like the fed-ex thread, blaming Freddie....

Blame it on the people that wanted to support private insurance companies, big pharma, and a nice huge overall per profit healthcare system.

Just don't start a new thread in 2013 and complain if you have a $5000 medical deductable and/or higher premiums taken off your pay-check.
Like the fed-ex thread, blaming Freddie....

Blame it on the people that wanted to support private insurance companies, big pharma, and a nice huge overall per profit healthcare system.
All of which provide jobs for American citizens.

Really ? Well, we have Pharma, hospitals and doctors/nurses here, too - you know ?
But, yes, you do have 5 times as many people working in administration, billing, etc.
And you have the citizens paying for it weather they use it or not.
And that's five times as many people with a job.

klein

And you have the citizens paying for it weather they use it or not.

Yeah, I forgot, Americans are Super Human. They never need healthcare.
Why even have mandatory automoblie insurance ? What good is that if the car is more important than the healthcare uninsured injured person/people inside it ?

Yeah, I forgot, Americans are Super Human. They never need healthcare.
Why even have mandatory automoblie insurance ? What good is that if the car is more important than the healthcare uninsured injured person/people inside it ?
We have mandatory liability auto insurance, to protect the other guy in case of an accident. There is also insurance that a lender will make a buyer pay for that protects the lender from a totally wreaked automobile. Neither is designed to protect the individual that buys a car.

Last edited:

klein

You tell me, you live in Oil rich Texas, me in oil rich Alberta.

But up here, a lot of talk is how the oil companies are scewing us over and over, again.

And they don't pay fairly enough their share. By no means !

You tell me, you live in Oil rich Texas, me in oil rich Alberta.

But up here, a lot of talk is how the oil companies are scewing us over and over, again.

And they don't pay fairly enough their share. By no means !

What? I thought everything north of the US boarder was perfect. I'm so disillusioned.

klein

Honestly, I would vote for Alberta Governmnet own refineries, drilling, and even our own gas stations.
It would be neat to see how fast Exxon, Chevron, BP, Shell, etc would lower their costs and profits to stay in competion with a non per profit agency (in this case the Alberta government).

Honestly, I would vote for Alberta Governmnet own refineries, drilling, and even our own gas stations.
It would be neat to see how fast Exxon, Chevron, BP, Shell, etc would lower their costs and profits to stay in competion with a non per profit agency (in this case the Alberta government).

Who will pay the bills of a non for profit, government owned oil company? He's a hint: YOU! and other tax payers.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's see would this gov't run enterprise still have to conform to all the environmental regulations ?
How will the workers be chosen ?
How many no-show jobs would be created ?
How about pension plans ? { the MBTA requires only 23yrs for a full pension } .
Would eminent domain { Eminent domain (United States), compulsory purchase (United Kingdom, New Zealand, Ireland), resumption/compulsory acquisition (Australia), or expropriation (South Africa and Canada) is an action of the state to seize a citizen's private property, expropriate property, or seize a citizen's rights in property with due monetary compensation, but without the owner's consent.} be used to build all their own structures ?

klein

Who will pay the bills of a non for profit, government owned oil company? He's a hint: YOU! and other tax payers.

What bills ?
The question should be, what to do with all those multi-billions of profits big oil earns here, that would belong to us, instead !

klein

Let's see would this gov't run enterprise still have to conform to all the environmental regulations ?
of course

How will the workers be chosen ?
Same as they do in other Crown corperations, such as Canada Post, Canadian Royal Mint, RCMP, Teachers, or in our National Healthcare system - by qualifications !

How many no-show jobs would be created ?
What ????

How about pension plans ? { the MBTA requires only 23yrs for a full pension }
They are in the Union (Civil Workers Union).

moreluck

golden ticket member
Take your weiner wagon and figure you making just 4% profit............are you making too much? Should it be taken away from you? You wouldn't be satisfied!

klein

Take your weiner wagon and figure you making just 4% profit............are you making too much? Should it be taken away from you? You wouldn't be satisfied!

Sure, I would after taking my multi-billion salary and bonuses, paying my closest co-workers or family members millions in salary, too.
Paying high dividends for my shareholders.

Yup, I would be happy with 4% profit left in the companies account after all the above is paid, including any taxes, new equipment, etc.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sure, I would after taking my multi-billion salary and bonuses, paying my closest co-workers or family members millions in salary, too.
Paying high dividends for my shareholders.

Yup, I would be happy with 4% profit left in the companies account after all the above is paid, including any taxes, new equipment, etc.
The first instruction said....."take your weiner wagon"......are you telling me your weiner wagon pays you a multi billion dollar salary. You are being ridiculous when I just wanted you to take a serious, real scenario. You are hopeless.