Super fun Saturday air day

Rack em

Made the Podium
Our center has 2 air drivers who normally work on Saturday. One is on vacation and the other called in sick today so they called me into work. I didnt mind because its all overtime and Saturdays are usually easy.

So I get the call around 8:20 saying to be there at 9:00 and there is only 24 packages, its looking like a gravy day. I get to the airport to get the packages and the first thing out of the plane is a tote with 30+ NDA envelopes, well what the hell. Then I proceeded to get 23 more boxes to bring the grand total to 53 packages and 48 stops! As I'm sorting the packages and getting everything in order I see a bunch of NDA savers that got pushed through the system to get delivered today >:(

Oh well, I only have 1 bad stop about 13 miles out of town so I should be able to get it all done. So I deliver all my noon commits first and work my way out of town towards my runner stop. When I get out there, their 200 yard driveway wasnt plowed, so I sheeted it as EC and headed back to town. That stop only wasted like 35 minutes of my day. Deliver my last few stops on the one end of town and now I'm heading to the other end of town to Friggin wal-mart :mad: They get stuff every Saturday and its always a zoo there...

So on my way to wal-mart I'm driving down a 40mph road and I'm going probably 45mph. All the sudden some 50+ year old man in an orange VW beetle pulls out in front of me and I have to slow down to 10mph. He proceeded to drive less than 15mph for over a block so I communicated in traffic and laid on the horn. He pulled over and let me go by him, but then proceeded to follow me 7+ miles to wal-mart! On the way after I knew he was following me, I phoned the center and let them know someone was following me. They told me to pull over in a public place and try to avoid confronting him. So I figured wal-mart is a public place so I'll finish my trip there.

On the way across town whenever I was stopped at a light I would look back at him as soon as I made eye contact he would look down and start writing stuff down on a little notepad. HE HAD A NOTEPAD lol. This happened like 5 times on the way over to wal-mart. So I figured he was just following me long enough to write down the car number and license plate number, but nope...

When I got to wal-mart I parked in my usual spot outside the front door by the cart return area and this guy straight up parks and blocks almost both sides of traffic. At this point I wasnt so much scared as I was nervous because what happens if this guy steps out with a bat or something and I'm forced to defend myself. All I could think about was the recent video I saw on here where the UPS driver pushed that hippie guy and got fired. So I wanted to avoid any physical contact at all costs.

So I get out of my PC with my wal-mart vision parcel and my diad in hand ready just in case. The guy didnt even get out of his car, but opened his window so I walked up to his window and asked if I could help him :D. He just smiled and said "You're gonna get fired, I hope you're happy" with his notebook in his hand. I just laughed at him and told him that wasn't the first time I've heard it and it sure as hell wont be the last. Then I told him to move because he's blocking all the cars. I walked into wal-mart and looked back and he was still sitting there so I thought while I was inside he would mess with my PC or something and I wish he would have! But I came out and he was finally gone.

It really added some excitement to my day so I didn't care. So before I left wal-mart I called my sup to fill him in on everything that happened and he just laughed and told me that if I saw the guy again I had to drive to police station lol. Jokingly I told my sup not to fire me like the guy said would happen haha. But luckily the guy never showed back up, he probably headed to where he was going after driving 7+ miles out of his way :P

But overall it was a decent day. Except the 48 stops, 53 packages, and 94 miles I had to do all by myself on a Saturday >:( But I got it all off in time even with the delays :thumbup:

Rack em

Made the Podium
Despite what my name is, I do try to do my job the best I can. If I would have walked that off it would have taken at least 10 minutes meaning theres a chance I would have late air later on. I already wasted enough time driving out there. If he needed his NDA saver envelope on Saturday he should have plowed his driveway ;)

PT Car Washer

Despite what my name is, I do try to do my job the best I can. If I would have walked that off it would have taken at least 10 minutes meaning theres a chance I would have late air later on. I already wasted enough time driving out there. If he needed his NDA saver envelope on Saturday he should have plowed his driveway ;)
Most likely he was not even expecting a Saturday delivery. Sometimes World Port will just upgrade a bunch of packages to (I suppose) make their numbers.

GenericUsername

Man, 48 stops on a Saturday air? Where I work at, we get between 14-25 stops depending on person, with normally 20-25 people running air. Today I had 17 stops and it took until 12:15 to get it all off (some 1:30 commits). Must be nice being in an area that doesn't have snow birds...

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yeah they must have upgraded 29 packages because I was only supposed to have 24 packages and ended up with 53 lol

wayfair

swollen member
10 minutes??? how out of shape are you ??

jokes man

PT Car Washer

Man, 48 stops on a Saturday air? Where I work at, we get between 14-25 stops depending on person, with normally 20-25 people running air. Today I had 17 stops and it took until 12:15 to get it all off (some 1:30 commits). Must be nice being in an area that doesn't have snow birds...
My building uses 6 drivers on Saturday and 15 to 20 stops per driver. I usually go out with 25 to 30 stops because of stop density and area knowledge. No way anyone could run 48 stops before 12:00 PM and run a rural stop.

Rack em

Made the Podium
My building uses 6 drivers on Saturday and 15 to 20 stops per driver. I usually go out with 25 to 30 stops because of stop density and area knowledge. No way anyone could run 48 stops before 12:00 PM and run a rural stop.
Well I'm in Montana so we have smaller centers and a lot more extended work. But just gotta do the best you can do and if stuff ends up late then its late.

PT Car Washer

Well I'm in Montana so we have smaller centers and a lot more extended work. But just gotta do the best you can do and if stuff ends up late then its late.
I agree extended areas ( the whole state of Montana must be an extended area) have no guaranty delivery times and we do the best we can.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well most stuff out of the city is considered out of area so on Saturday we dont have to deliver them. But there are places seriously 30+ miles out of the city that have our towns zip code so we HAVE to deliver them. Its a real drag :sad:

PT Car Washer

Well most stuff out of the city is considered out of area so on Saturday we dont have to deliver them. But there are places seriously 30+ miles out of the city that have our towns zip code so we HAVE to deliver them. Its a real drag :sad:
I have a feeling the delivery cost exceeds the profit margin and UPS does not really care if the delivery is on time or not.