Superheroes

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have been a runner since i became a driver. I worked parttime longer than anyone I know, so getting to chance to make enough money to live on has driven me. I follow the methods, I provide service to my customers. Probably the biggest thing I do is learn the route I run. I invest the time in knowing the most effective way to run the route. At the end of the day I have no regrets, I have earned what the company has paid me. I do get upset when I have to take work from the routes beside me. The thing that makes me the most upset is getting work from another route "because they will not get finished" nfind out the driver i took work from beat me in. There is too much greed in some people! The guys that wanted 60 hours a week are a thing of the past. The next generation of new drivers could care less about over time. There are 2 choices to not being out late, invest the time, use your head and get the job done or waste you time with a 9.5 grievence.

Print this post and put it in a drawer somewhere.
Pull it out in ten years, if you make it that long.
I'm betting you will look back at it and say, I was young and dumb.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Print this post and put it in a drawer somewhere.
Pull it out in ten years, if you make it that long.
I'm betting you will look back at it and say, I was young and dumb.

i dunno ,, ive been that way for many yrs, it seems the newer drivers forget its a job , and a option, and spend more time b!tching and finding ways to get on the 9/5 list than even "trying' to get the job done in a timely manner. every morning i here the same old im gonna stick it to em today nonsense from the younger drivers,, the older guys seem to be willing to grind through as retirement is a real option

jaker

trolling
Thats 26 stops an hour if you're taking your lunch...keep running,an accident or injury isn't improbable. Then let's see how much your SPOHR means. They're patting you on the back right now,they'll be trying to kick you out the door when you screw up. Your choice.
I have a resi route with a small plaza in the morning and 6 pickups which 5 are on route I don't take my lunch , I don't run and I follow the methods , but what I don't do is have a conversation with everyone I see , I keep a pace that doesn't kills me now or in the future

Not taking your lunch isn't an option,or at least contractually it isn't. And I know for a fact UPS has lost several law suits to drivers claiming they were forced to work thru lunch because of their dispatch,so every driver in our bldg(which is all I can speak for) is required to take their lunch. Just curious,how many years do you have driving?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not taking your lunch isn't an option,or at least contractually it isn't. And I know for a fact UPS has lost several law suits to drivers claiming they were forced to work thru lunch because of their dispatch,so every driver in our bldg(which is all I can speak for) is required to take their lunch. Just curious,how many years do you have driving?

Recording a lunch and actually taking a lunch are not one in the same. Telematics will show any work done during the lunch/break times posted in the DIAD.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Recording a lunch and actually taking a lunch are not one in the same. Telematics will show any work done during the lunch/break times posted in the DIAD.

This is true, yet you will never see management take issue with it outside of the "bubble of goodness".
Furthermore it doesn't take telematics to discover this phenomenon.
Standard DIAD records have long been comprehensive enough to uncover this anomaly.
Management doesn't discourage this practice, in fact I believe it is their ultimate goal with the unattainable allowances on many routes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They don't take action within the bubble of goodness either. We have two known runner/gunners who may be in for a rude awakening if mgt ever did decide to make this an issue.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
There is no law here in WI regarding lunch. It's up to the employer. Most companies allow time for a lunch as part of the planning of the work day. I said most companies.