Supervisor Delivering Packages - wtf

JL 0513

Most mis-loads in my building are shuttled around all day by both on car sups and the center manager and sometimes the dispatch sup. Nobody apparently complains. They don't want any out of trace driving as an Orion building. So no running mis-loads. Unbelievable, huh?

Most mis-loads in my building are shuttled around all day by both on car sups and the center manager and sometimes the dispatch sup. Nobody apparently complains. They don't want any out of trace driving as an Orion building. So no running mis-loads. Unbelievable, huh?
Very believable. Also very wrong. UPS try's to save money by jamming the preload and then try's to fix their mistakes by sups working. Before the PAL system came in misloads were nearly non existent. Now it is a FT job.

UPSGUY72

They want the mis-loads delivered to make service they aren't worried about orion compliance the key word is to make service and avoid a service failure this is going to prevent someone for filing.

30 to life

Does anyone read their contract? I was screwed over like that once and went to the center manager. We got into a heated argument and he threw the contract book at me and said file a grievance if you can read. After that I started to read the contract and I found out I was getting screwed left and right. Knowledge is power and knowing the contract will only help you. Since that time in the office I have filed at least 20 grievances and not lost one thanks to that dick center manager.

BigBeef42

You haven't even started to drive yet and all the utility drivers with more seniority than you have have to be before you can...

Yes I am well aware.

That's why I was never going to greive this. it would not benefit me.

But if what you guys say is true, and I can get restitution for it, then I will grieve this.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

You need to talk to your steward and get a grievance form and fill it out than turn it in.

Also time to put you big boys pants on and be able to take the heat because your management team will know that your filed a grievance be it valid or not. Although your management team can't do anything about you filing a grievance they can make sure your doing everything correctly.

So before you go stirring the pot make sure that you have all the facts not just what one person told you as they might be baiting you into looking like a A-hole...

Thank you for the honesty. This is exactly what I was thinking.

Sent using BrownCafe App

He says he is a utility driver / Sat Air driver that could be considered a PT cover driver. The OP would need to read his supplement and see what it says...
All of our cover drivers are FT package car drivers who do not have a route. Excuse my misunderstanding as he stated he was going to be a Saturday driver.

BigBeef42

Is it true they pay me?

I doubt it. They are soooo cheap.

or do they pay the highest seniority utility driver?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
ANY hourly can file for a supervisor working. And the amount of people who can file is not limited. If there are available hourly employees and a supervisor is performing hourly duties, grievances can be filed.

So, if you know for sure (not heresy) that a supervisor doing hourly work and say 6 cover drivers are not, or doing a job at a lesser rate because driving was not offered to them, then ANYONE can file. All 6 of those no working employees as well as any working employee. And you should all get paid. It's not a matter of seniority on payouts. 50 working drivers and 6 non working drivers can file and all should get paid.

THE ONLY TIME A SUPERVISOR SHOULD BE WORKING IS WHEN ALL AVAILABLE EMPLOYEES ARE EXHAUSTED.

BigBeef42

ANY hourly can file for a supervisor working. And the amount of people who can file is not limited. If there are available hourly employees and a supervisor is performing hourly duties, grievances can be filed.

So, if you know for sure (not heresy) that a supervisor doing hourly work and say 6 cover drivers are not, or doing a job at a lesser rate because driving was not offered to them, then ANYONE can file. All 6 of those no working employees as well as any working employee. And you should all get paid. It's not a matter of seniority on payouts. 50 working drivers and 6 non working drivers can file and all should get paid.

THE ONLY TIME A SUPERVISOR SHOULD BE WORKING IS WHEN ALL AVAILABLE EMPLOYEES ARE EXHAUSTED.

OH snap!

It's not heresy. I work for centers and my supervisors talk about it openly. A few of them are cool and share the secrets... They admit it's been going on for a very long time.

Last edited: