Supervisor Delivering Packages - wtf

OPTION3

You haven't even started to drive yet and all the utility drivers with more seniority than you have have to be before you can...
If you are qualified …and a sup worked….file…it’s that easy. (target on your back) cracks me up….you have one on your back EVERY day at this place……..example…..do 1 thing wrong ,,and if its big enough,,,,all the butt-kissing in the world won’t save you. In our supplement we have language specific to sups working

OPTION3

You haven't even started to drive yet and all the utility drivers with more seniority than you have have to be before you can...
no offense but..this isn’t accurate---in our local..the one that files gets the $$$$ unless you specify as when I file on people working off the clock.When 2 people file on the same incident…the senior AFFECTED person gets the DOUGH. It may be different in your local

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ANY hourly can file for a supervisor working. And the amount of people who can file is not limited. If there are available hourly employees and a supervisor is performing hourly duties, grievances can be filed.

THE ONLY TIME A SUPERVISOR SHOULD BE WORKING IS WHEN ALL AVAILABLE EMPLOYEES ARE EXHAUSTED.

While it is true that any hourly can file for a supervisor working it is untrue that everyone who files on that one particular instance will be paid. Only the most senior of those who filed on that one particular instance will be paid. There is no way that they are going to pay 56 people for 1 supervisor working.

"Available employees" are supposed to include any union members who are "on call" at the Union hall but this rarely or ever happens.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not heresy. I work for centers and my supervisors talk about it openly. A few of them are cool and share the secrets... They admit it's been going on for a very long time.

In some centers/hubs it has gotten to the point where it is common place and the costs associated with it considered to be the cost of doing business.

UPSGUY72

no offense but..this isn’t accurate---in our local..the one that files gets the $$$$ unless you specify as when I file on people working off the clock.When 2 people file on the same incident…the senior AFFECTED person gets the DOUGH. It may be different in your local

No offense taken however your apparently can't read go back and read the post I answered...

UPSGUY72

If you are qualified …and a sup worked….file…it’s that easy. (target on your back) cracks me up….you have one on your back EVERY day at this place……..example…..do 1 thing wrong ,,and if its big enough,,,,all the butt-kissing in the world won’t save you. In our supplement we have language specific to sups working

I don't have a target on my back and I bitch and complain to all 3 of my SUP and center manager at times. Then I go do my job the right way. Other bitch complain and file and then decide they are going to stick it to the company.

When your in the union it's give and take. Some union people think it just take take take. Usually those shops and specific people have problems all the time.

OPTION3

I don't have a target on my back and I bitch and complain to all 3 of my SUP and center manager at times. Then I go do my job the right way. Other bitch complain and file and then decide they are going to stick it to the company.

When your in the union it's give and take. Some union people think it just take take take. Usually those shops and specific people have problems all the time.
You can bitch and complain all day…..file a money grievance see what happens….have you filed consecutive money grievances lately? Filing grievances is NOT sticking it to the company…especially when you win them, but management sure perceives it that way--lol---and the reason some in the union think take-take- take is because of managements refusal to follow a contract they agreed to

Cementups

Box Monkey
While it is true that any hourly can file for a supervisor working it is untrue that everyone who files on that one particular instance will be paid. Only the most senior of those who filed on that one particular instance will be paid. There is no way that they are going to pay 56 people for 1 supervisor working.

"Available employees" are supposed to include any union members who are "on call" at the Union hall but this rarely or ever happens.

It may be supplemental then since I am just telling you what my BA says.

Here it doesn't matter to me because the agents and stewards poke fun at me for it because I'm one of very few people who ever file for supervisor's working. I come in before start time and see a sup helping on preload I will ask if I can start early as they must need help if he/she is working, especially after sending hourlies home. I'm told no and I hand them paper filing grievance.

OPTION3

Here it doesn't matter to me because the agents and stewards poke fun at me for it because I'm one of very few people who ever file for supervisor's working. I come in before start time and see a sup helping on preload I will ask if I can start early as they must need help if he/she is working, especially after sending hourlies home. I'm told no and I hand them paper filing grievance.
Thank you…..as I’ve said on here before…It’s up to each and every one to enforce the contract

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm surprised they haven't told you not to come in until just before start time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How is that any different than the driver who comes in off the road, does his turn in, punches out but rather than leave he hangs around looking for things that he can file grievances on. He could be accused of "loitering" and told he must leave the building immediately after punching out.

OPTION3

You could be accused of loitering going upstairs to drop a deuce… how about people who come in off the road and sit in the office BS’ing to the on roads and managers(I’m sure you are aware of that). I would love to sit on a disciplinary hearing on that one as well….I’m sure the contractors “loitering” in the yard at peak would love you for bringing that up. Boy, I wish you were a manager at my building…Put in your letter and transfer request….PLLLEEEAAASSSEE!

Last edited: