Supervisor is changing my time code without permission.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Azazyle, May 5, 2016.

1. Azazyle

Azazyle New Member

Last Friday I had a really good day and despite being dispatched an 8.5 day I got in under 8. When I checked the time cards on Monday my time code had been changed from 06 (full time) to 05 (Paid actual). Not only did I not get my guarantee 8 for the day, but from what I understand, I lost out on my bonus as well. I'm filling out a grievance and for the life of my I cant figure out what articles to file under. Any suggestions?

2. Brown for the Green

Brown for the Green New Member

Ha...yea that seems to happen a lot because of "miscommunications" ups is able to track who made changes to any time card stuff...I'm sure you could make a big deal if you wanted...I've never had any sort of issue getting it fixed asap without needing my steward.

3. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

What Regional Supplement, or Local Rider are you under?

4. Azazyle

Azazyle New Member

Southern Region

5. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

happens at my center. File and call 800 number that's a perfect example of an integrity issue

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

What did your sup say when you asked about the error?

7. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

At my center the excuse is "we don't know who changed it"

8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

17 and 37 of the master. And include the phrase "any that may apply " in your grievance

9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Then I would say, "well, maybe the Attorney General's office can find out".

10. "And all others that apply"
    You're welcome

11. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Nope I was right.
    So take your welcome and shove it

12. onestoptogo

onestoptogo Member

This has been happening at my Center lately, especially if you have a 8 hour request. I asked my Sup who changed me to code 5 and he looked at me like a deer in the headlights and said he did not know. If you don't speak up they will try and get away with this - make them change it back. Did not have to file a grievance to get this corrected, but I would have.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Good thing the GTS does, it logs every time card edit with a login associated with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

37 & 17 of the master and article 17 section A of the central supplement if you are in the central region.

15. no more than 9

no more than 9 "Livin' the Dream"

We've had Mgt people terminated for this. Whenever a time card is changed, I think there is digital fingerprint(for lack of a better term). The deer in the headlight look, in my experience is an admission of guilt.

16. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

You mean the lie?

17. Gotout

Gotout New Member

Ok, so here's the deal. You can make this as ugly as you want. At a minimum your BA can use this to keep someone else from being termed on an Article 52 violation (dishonesty). Your center management team has done something dishonest, so the BA has leverage.

The easiest and quietest way to resolve this would be to go to HR and ask nicely to have them chance it back. "It's too late" is incorrect. They can submit a prior period adjustment in Time&Labor.

The next is a grievance. Also, have a steward file a "request for documentation". You will need to ask for the "GTS Edit Log with Original and Changes" for the date in question.

Last would be a call to the Ethics Hotline. Depending on who actually changed it and how much you Division Manager hates them, it could easily get them fired.

The silly part is that this edit would really change the center stats very little. It the scenario you described you would still have scratched.

But why listen to me, I GotOut

18. DOK

DOK Active Member

You'll still get the bonus under code 05

19. TheMasochist

TheMasochist 200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back

It's amazing about all the games played by CMs.
    On Black Friday (which is a double time day) we were all told to punch 05 in our boards. When I returned my center manager told me to change my code 3C. I didn't and punched out. He changed it and I didn't know. When I looked at my check I didn't get the double time hours. It was easy for me to solve this simply by talking to my steward. My steward said "he took care of that", and the center manager never spoke to me again.

edit- I just realized that (center manager) was auto-corrected to center manager! What the??

20. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

I've heard if you work under 8 the guarantee pay shows up but not the bonus. It's probably different everywhere though.