Supervisor screams at me, I scream back…..

over9five

Staff member
I would definately do what the little snot says. I would make suuuuuuuuure every package was scanned. No matter HOW long it would take....

Get the phone number for your local or the national H.R. office. Give them a call and tell them that your sup is yelling at you in a threatening and offensive manor. Tell them he is creating a hostlie workplace. It will get attention. It`s not what they say it`s how they say it.

S

speeddemon

"....THEY WILL lighten your load.".
Ya think so?
....or will they make veiled threats such as "........are you telling me you can't do it?". (I've heard this one before)
.....or the popular "......how come the other drivers in your loop or the coverage guy that covers on vacation can do it?"
.....or "......we'll schedule a three day ride with you in the future.".

All of these are designed to intimidate the driver.

Never hear these responses at my center because the management team knows the OR numbers are WAY OFF.

DS

Fenderbender
Tie,as a driver I have to deal with customers.Do you know how often I hear,do you have another package for me? ups.com says it should be out for delivery.But alas there is no package in my car.I only care that people get what they paid for.We are a package delivery company. I do agree that scanning is important,but it should not be a deterrant to making commit times.Sorry,I`m old school I guess,but we did just fine with the old rubber stamp and the yellow book for years,maybe even better because we just had to deliver them.What would you rather have,the NDA you ordered for 10:30 in your hands by 10:30,or find out online that your package will be a day late.All the customer wants is thier package.Sure online tracking of packages is fun,but getting what you ordered on time is a lot more important in my eyes.

Ms Spoken

You can call me different but, when I hear a PT sup harassing a junior worker I will step in and try to put a stop to it. There is no reason for verbal abuse ANYTIME and all it does is slow down production. I have paid my dues on the pre-load and there was always this feeder driver who would stand between the trucks and just wait for one of the PT sups to start and he would always stop the BS so we all could get our work done.

Now don't get me wrong if someone is a slaking then they do need to be spoken to but, not in a demeaning kind of way. I just don't have respect for people who think they can belittle another person just to make them self feel empowerment.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Get the phone number for your local or the national H.R. office. Give them a call and tell them that your sup is yelling at you in a threatening and offensive manor. Tell them he is creating a hostlie workplace. It will get attention. It`s not what they say it`s how they say it.
But what if the supe wasn't yelling in a threatening and offensive manner. What if the employee started it? By the sounds of the OP saying "any alternative other than to meet him in the parking lot" while pleading his case of getting yelled at, he's not an entirely innocent party, either.

Thanks Hoser for your opinion, 1st amendment rights are great. We agree to disagree.
What is it that you disagree with? The Fordist model of production that you have to follow? The fact that someone younger than you is a supervisor and you're not? That you may not be right?

MSGTDEL

Basiclly, be sure to scan everything. Not scanning can cost you your job. If you need help ask your screaming sup for more help. If he does not provide help for you and eveything is not scanned, guest what? He takes the fall for missed scans, not you since you did asked for help. Dont cut corners with that. Customers are paying for that information from that scan when they ship with us.

B

Brown and Down

Alyways put it in their lap. They get paid
to make the decisions so ask him if you should keep scanning or just load them without a scan. Then its his butt on the line not yours.