supervisor shifting trailers

if I am feeder qualified and at the building within a 15 minute timeframe of a trailer to be moved, do I have the right to wait and move said trailer over a ft supervisor?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
if I am feeder qualified and at the building within a 15 minute timeframe of a trailer to be moved, do I have the right to wait and move said trailer over a ft supervisor?
Not sure if PETO certification is just to use the yard dogs or to do regular yard procedures. However when they made me work around the building during peak I had to be PETO certified which I already was. As for the supervisor working, file a grievance on him, he shouldn't be doing it anyways. They should train someone to do it if they need the help.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

With the number of feeder drivers being laid off and then bumping PT shifters back into the hub, supervisors shouldn't even be allowed to think about moving a trailer on the yard.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The last thing management in my old department wanted to do was climb into a mule or tractor and handle greasy old hoses and equipment. It was definitely a last resort. If they get into a bind in the yard for whatever reason and the hub starts screaming, they will do what they got to do to solve the problem, rather than scour the building looking for hourlies to do the work. I'm talking short term here, not every day stuff. It's probably easier to pay a grievance than have your division manager make your phone ring, wanting to know why the hub shut down waiting for loads to be pulled and replaced.

Dr.Brownz

One of my supervisors had to run a route 2 weeks ago. Lol

For a good 6 months in my building at least two sups were driving everyday while PTers ran the packages, this was with all the PTers who could drive delivering routes too. It took that long for upper management to approve the need for more FT drivers.

For a good 6 months in my building at least two sups were driving everyday while PTers ran the packages, this was with all the PTers who could drive delivering routes too. It took that long for upper management to approve the need for more FT drivers.
The same situation was going on for a couple years in my building. The money was great.

Dr.Brownz

Top driver rate but I only got OT after 8 hours instead of 5. Driver sup bought lunch everyday so I let it go. Plus he was my PT sup on the preload so everything was cool.

Same deal here. When I was doing it I would then work the twlight sort after driving the route and get mad overtime. 1,600 a week. Ran out of hours everyweek for a 2 months. After that I said friend yall and only worked days I decided I wanted to work. I knew I was on the road to becoming a FT driver so I figured might as well take some free days now since I can just take them by saying "I'm not availible for extra work" while now as a FT driver I have to RO (which doesn't work most of the time because of higher seniority guys) or use a optional or sick day tp get a day off.

barnyard

KTM rider
If a supe is shifting, he/she has to have an hourly person in the cab with him/her while shifting and only if there is no one qualified on the clock. If the OP is qualified and on the clock or it is very close to starting time, I would grieve it. We have 1 feeder guy that starts 10-15 minutes early a couple of days a week to pull an empty off the door for the air shuttle.