Supervisor threatening me with physical violence. What steps should I take?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by GuineaPig23, Jun 23, 2016.

1. GuineaPig23

GuineaPig23 New Member

My new supervisor has threatened me with physical violence on more than one occasion. I'm not sure what his deal is, or why he has an issue with me. There is no confrontation of any sort that leads up to him threatening me. It's really odd. I show up, do my job, and go home. I'm always respectful of my co-workers and supervisors. The last time this happened, there were a couple of witnesses. In addition to being my supervisor at UPS, this individual is also a deputy for the local Sheriff's department and I certainly don't want to incur the wrath of a bunch of his LEO buddies.

I have not let anyone at UPS know about my supervisors behavior yet, but have been documenting these occurrences. I have worked here for several years with no issues, and really don't want to endanger my employment by rocking the boat, but enough is enough. I would appreciate any advice on what steps I should take regarding this individuals actions.
  2. robot

robot Large Member

Report him for sexual harassment
  3. You sound completely innocent.:scared: What did he say? Why single you out?
  4. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Knock that sumbitch right in the beak
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  5. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Deputy Sheriff and works for UPS? I don't think so. Nice try troll.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. GuineaPig23

GuineaPig23 New Member

@robot: I'm not being sexually harassed.
    @Lineandinitial: I am, and have absolutely no idea what his deal is. He has only been here for a week. I have no idea why he has singled me out.
    @dookie stain: I'm not planning on doing anything that will endanger my benefits, or my ability to pay my bills.
  7. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Are the witnesses willing to go to higher management with you, if so, go and report it. Sounds like a paper trail needs to be started before it escalates. He should be moved away from your work area.

With witnesses, it is not only your word against his. Good luck.
  8. GuineaPig23

GuineaPig23 New Member

@Johney: I'm not sure in what capacity he works for the sheriff's dept. He could be a reserve officer for all I know. I'm going on what he told me, it's not like I called to verify his employment. Not quite sure what I would stand to gain by making this up. I'm simply looking for advice.
  9. Future

Future Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. rod

rod retired and happy

11. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

you did not answer the question on what exactly has he said to you on several occasions.

one manager told me that he fantasied what it would be like to take a shower with me. i warned him about going to HR and that was the end of that. If I were you I would give him a STERN warning and if he did it again then report him.

if it was a threat of physical violence then walk off to report him to HR immediately. in this day and age you can not take anything lightly.
  12. GuineaPig23

GuineaPig23 New Member

@upschuck: I didn't have an opportunity to speak with the two individuals who witnessed the incident last night, so I'm not sure. I will get with them and see if they are willing to back me up. I appreciate your response.
  13. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Talk to your Steward
  14. GuineaPig23

GuineaPig23 New Member

So, I spoke with one of the employees that witnessed the incident last night, and she is willing to back me up. I'm heading in now to talk to HR. I appreciate the responses.
  15. rod

rod retired and happy

give em hell
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

That's the same thing I fantasize about
  17. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

So you're just busy doing your work and your sup comes up and starts threatening you for no reason? Yea riiiight.
    Not that it's ever okay to threaten someone at work, but I'm sure there's more to your story.
  19. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Maybe the sup was being a meanie and didn't give him his trophy?
  20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

I want a trophy