Supervisor threatening me with physical violence. What steps should I take?

My new supervisor has threatened me with physical violence on more than one occasion. I'm not sure what his deal is, or why he has an issue with me. There is no confrontation of any sort that leads up to him threatening me. It's really odd. I show up, do my job, and go home. I'm always respectful of my co-workers and supervisors. The last time this happened, there were a couple of witnesses. In addition to being my supervisor at UPS, this individual is also a deputy for the local Sheriff's department and I certainly don't want to incur the wrath of a bunch of his LEO buddies.

I have not let anyone at UPS know about my supervisors behavior yet, but have been documenting these occurrences. I have worked here for several years with no issues, and really don't want to endanger my employment by rocking the boat, but enough is enough. I would appreciate any advice on what steps I should take regarding this individuals actions.

upschuck

Are the witnesses willing to go to higher management with you, if so, go and report it. Sounds like a paper trail needs to be started before it escalates. He should be moved away from your work area.

With witnesses, it is not only your word against his. Good luck.

@Johney: I'm not sure in what capacity he works for the sheriff's dept. He could be a reserve officer for all I know. I'm going on what he told me, it's not like I called to verify his employment. Not quite sure what I would stand to gain by making this up. I'm simply looking for advice.

Future

Victory Ride
Deputy Sheriff and works for UPS? I don't think so. Nice try troll.
image.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you did not answer the question on what exactly has he said to you on several occasions.

one manager told me that he fantasied what it would be like to take a shower with me. i warned him about going to HR and that was the end of that. If I were you I would give him a STERN warning and if he did it again then report him.

if it was a threat of physical violence then walk off to report him to HR immediately. in this day and age you can not take anything lightly.

@upschuck: I didn't have an opportunity to speak with the two individuals who witnessed the incident last night, so I'm not sure. I will get with them and see if they are willing to back me up. I appreciate your response.

So, I spoke with one of the employees that witnessed the incident last night, and she is willing to back me up. I'm heading in now to talk to HR. I appreciate the responses.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
you did not answer the question on what exactly has he said to you on several occasions.

one manager told me that he fantasied what it would be like to take a shower with me. i warned him about going to HR and that was the end of that. If I were you I would give him a STERN warning and if he did it again then report him.

if it was a threat of physical violence then walk off to report him to HR immediately. in this day and age you can not take anything lightly.
That's the same thing I fantasize about

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My new supervisor has threatened me with physical violence on more than one occasion. I'm not sure what his deal is, or why he has an issue with me. There is no confrontation of any sort that leads up to him threatening me. It's really odd. I show up, do my job, and go home. I'm always respectful of my co-workers and supervisors. The last time this happened, there were a couple of witnesses. In addition to being my supervisor at UPS, this individual is also a deputy for the local Sheriff's department and I certainly don't want to incur the wrath of a bunch of his LEO buddies.

I have not let anyone at UPS know about my supervisors behavior yet, but have been documenting these occurrences. I have worked here for several years with no issues, and really don't want to endanger my employment by rocking the boat, but enough is enough. I would appreciate any advice on what steps I should take regarding this individuals actions.
So you're just busy doing your work and your sup comes up and starts threatening you for no reason? Yea riiiight.
Not that it's ever okay to threaten someone at work, but I'm sure there's more to your story.

oldngray

nowhere special
So you're just busy doing your work and your sup comes up and starts threatening you for no reason? Yea riiiight.
Not that it's ever okay to threaten someone at work, but I'm sure there's more to your story.

Maybe the sup was being a meanie and didn't give him his trophy?