Supervisor threatening me with physical violence. What steps should I take?

upschuck

So you're just busy doing your work and your sup comes up and starts threatening you for no reason? Yea riiiight.
Not that it's ever okay to threaten someone at work, but I'm sure there's more to your story.
I could think of a couple scenarios that it could happen.

They never tried to intimidate you for not meeting their production numbers.

El Correcto

god is dead
Its always the perfect ones who get harassed. Absolutely amazing.
Well actually people who follow certain rules such as calling for help with Irregs and scanning damaged packages missed do get harassed. You know just trying to do their job that results in less pissed off customers and safety rather then producton number inflating bs.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I still wonder what was said....If you bring this stuff here to BC, you probably ought to tell the whole story (oh, with punctuation, and proper sentence structure)...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I still wonder what was said....If you bring this stuff here to BC, you probably ought to tell the whole story (oh, with punctuation, and proper sentence structure)...
there should be no comma before "and"

oh and I absolutely believe the OP...we've all seen the types of people UPS is promoting these days, especially with all of the drugs and drinking problems, ex-felons, no GEDs, etc. it's really pretty damn messed up.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Its always the perfect ones who get harassed. Absolutely amazing.
I got a warning letter because I reported a misload at 130...our cutoff for reporting misloads is 2...it was a business...end of the day I scanned it as missed...they called me and told me I should have scanned it before 5 as closed...nobody told me that til after 5 and that's also dishonesty...anyway they harass everyone...maybe not you but at least here they do

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I could think of a couple scenarios that it could happen.

They never tried to intimidate you for not meeting their production numbers.
He said he was threatened with physical violence. People don't just walk up and start tossing threats for no reason. And no, that has never happened to me in the workplace.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
you did not answer the question on what exactly has he said to you on several occasions.

one manager told me that he fantasied what it would be like to take a shower with me. i warned him about going to HR and that was the end of that. If I were you I would give him a STERN warning and if he did it again then report him.

if it was a threat of physical violence then walk off to report him to HR immediately. in this day and age you can not take anything lightly.

Wait wait...what???

Did you supervisor have some fetish for worn out grandma type strippers who have a compulsive liar complex??

Couldn't he just have reserved the champagne room and requested you for the night????

KOG72

I’m full of it
Hey if he is a cop it might do you some good to grab a dozen doughnuts on your way in and that might just solve your problem.That should make him happy!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
you did not answer the question on what exactly has he said to you on several occasions.

one manager told me that he fantasied what it would be like to take a shower with me. i warned him about going to HR and that was the end of that.
image.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you're just busy doing your work and your sup comes up and starts threatening you for no reason? Yea riiiight.
Not that it's ever okay to threaten someone at work, but I'm sure there's more to your story.
Honestly I had a sup that would do pretty close to that. Dude was crazy.