Supervisor

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We can do bargaining unit work BUT we have to have exhausted all other resources. So if we are short a driver, all certified drivers have to be on road before we can deliver. If we are working a sort all available employees must be working. I believe the contract wording is it is allowed should there be an Act of God or all available resources have been exhausted per local practice.

clean hairy

We can do bargaining unit work BUT we have to have exhausted all other resources. So if we are short a driver, all certified drivers have to be on road before we can deliver. If we are working a sort all available employees must be working. I believe the contract wording is it is allowed should there be an Act of God or all available resources have been exhausted per local practice.
Agreed. Though in this case, an employee is sent home and the Sup is doing the work of the hourlie that was sent home.
Per the contract, THAT is not allowed.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm fairly interested...also quite new to this grievance thing, mind explaining how can I file it?
document which supervisor is working, the times he/she is working and any witnesses. get a grievance form your steward,fill it out and file it stating you want double time for all hours worked .
In my local it takes a month or so to get the pay but you will get a separate check

Depends, I'll get in an show new guys how to do the job efficiently and safely. After a week they are on their own. However, since this sup is sending people home you are absolutely right to file on him. I hate when my fellow sups let people go home and start working themselves to make PPH, now we have one less person to help any other area out and some sup loading all day rather than doing his job. I'll hop in for a few minutes and load with my guys if no help is available from anyone else, but, I'm not loading for hours, not my job.

jadam

So if I understand this right even if we are as a supervisor say short handed they should never be doing union work. If I have a supervisor in pick off from the time i start to the time we end and a supervisor bagging in smalls sort I can file a grievance.
Under section 3 article 7 and then ask for double time for every hour they worked

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So if I understand this right even if we are as a supervisor say short handed they should never be doing union work. If I have a supervisor in pick off from the time i start to the time we end and a supervisor bagging in smalls sort I can file a grievance.
Under section 3 article 7 and then ask for double time for every hour they worked

Not necessarily true. If they are short handed and have made every reasonable effort to augment the staffing they are then allowed to work.

Believe me, the PT sups on the preload in my center do not like it when they are forced to load cars.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Screw it.... I'm going to start coming back to the building and go into the office and start sitting in on conference calls and directing the oms folks to send safety messages at my discretion...then I'm going to chew out the onroads for being idiots, then I'm going to look at the staffing for the next day then go out to do observations then go hang at Starbucks for a couple hours. If they want to do our grunt work I'm going to start doing theirs....wonder if they would have a problem with that????