Supervisors referring loaders as "bodies"?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ant12, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Ant12

Ant12 Member

A lot of my co worker have been complaining that our sups have been referring us (loaders) as bodies. It won't be directly to us, but they sure don't say it discretely. Like when then send us to a different loading PD they ask other sups if they need bodies, then they will come over with someone and say they have a body. It's not bothering me that much but my coworkers are actually really :censored2:. Do you find this disrespectful?
  2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Guess what? All you are is a body to UPS. Get used to it.
    And it's not just at UPS, most companies consider their employees "bodies"
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. jaker

jaker trolling

Yes , you should tell them you are more then just a body you are a body with brains and stop staring at your chest
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You may be a body but only one can be "The Body"[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

337px-Superstar_Billy_Graham_16.jpg 337px-Superstar_Billy_Graham_16.jpg
    The real Body before anybody
  7. Johnny Paycheck

Johnny Paycheck Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Saying "We need bodies." is a pretty common expression and if it actually upsets your coworkers they should grow some thicker skin. My coworkers wouldn't even notice that if it was said around us. Tonight I heard my FT sup tell my PT sup "Get your 12 ready." Should I have climbed down and tearfully informed him that I am more than just one in twelve? Jesus, you're all big boys who work for a living, act like it.
  8. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

They dont give a dam, as soon as you realize that youll be all good lol. Sad but true
  9. rod

rod retired and happy

It appears that some are going to have a hard time at UPS (or any job as far as that goes) if just being called a "body" upsets them. Its time to grow a pair.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Ant12

Ant12 Member

11. If you want my body and you think I'm sexy come on baby let m know
  12. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

i dont mind the term "bodies" at all. i remember when i had a sup call me "fuc*er" not directly only when he told/asked
    other sups about me and another sup that thought he was a class above us would call us "boxslingers".
  13. Kicked Your Dog

Kicked Your Dog 22 Year South Cal UPSer

Let the bodies hit floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the,,,FLOOOOOR!!
  14. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Unless your co-workers are as new as you are, I think your lil story is BS. They've been referring to us as "bodies" for years....why now would your co-workers be complaining to YOU about it? No, you heard it and got your little panties in a twist. I have an extra tampon if you need
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  15. Pickles

Pickles Member

I asked my female manager if all I was was a body to her after hearing her ask for more "bodies" to the blue belt once. She got red in the face and walked away.
  16. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

They call drivers :censored2:'s. They say we need an :censored2: in every seat. Glad to oblige.
  17. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Instead of "body", would you find 1 work unit more acceptable?
  18. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

If the transmission in a truck fails, they will replace it.
    If a driver breaks his back, they will replace him.
    Same, same.
  19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Does your check clear?