Supervisors referring loaders as "bodies"?

Ant12

A lot of my co worker have been complaining that our sups have been referring us (loaders) as bodies. It won't be directly to us, but they sure don't say it discretely. Like when then send us to a different loading PD they ask other sups if they need bodies, then they will come over with someone and say they have a body. It's not bothering me that much but my coworkers are actually really pissed. Do you find this disrespectful?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
337px-Superstar_Billy_Graham_16.jpg
337px-Superstar_Billy_Graham_16.jpg
You may be a body but only one can be "The Body"
The real Body before anybody

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Saying "We need bodies." is a pretty common expression and if it actually upsets your coworkers they should grow some thicker skin. My coworkers wouldn't even notice that if it was said around us. Tonight I heard my FT sup tell my PT sup "Get your 12 ready." Should I have climbed down and tearfully informed him that I am more than just one in twelve? Jesus, you're all big boys who work for a living, act like it.

rod

Retired 22 years
It appears that some are going to have a hard time at UPS (or any job as far as that goes) if just being called a "body" upsets them. Its time to grow a pair.

browntroll

i dont mind the term "bodies" at all. i remember when i had a sup call me "fuc*er" not directly only when he told/asked
other sups about me and another sup that thought he was a class above us would call us "boxslingers".

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A lot of my co worker have been complaining that our sups have been referring us (loaders) as bodies. It won't be directly to us, but they sure don't say it discretely. Like when then send us to a different loading PD they ask other sups if they need bodies, then they will come over with someone and say they have a body. It's not bothering me that much but my coworkers are actually really pissed. Do you find this disrespectful?
Unless your co-workers are as new as you are, I think your lil story is BS. They've been referring to us as "bodies" for years....why now would your co-workers be complaining to YOU about it? No, you heard it and got your little panties in a twist. I have an extra tampon if you need one....lol

Last edited:

Pickles

I asked my female manager if all I was was a body to her after hearing her ask for more "bodies" to the blue belt once. She got red in the face and walked away.

Z

ZQXC

Instead of "body", would you find 1 work unit more acceptable?

Z

ZQXC

If the transmission in a truck fails, they will replace it.
If a driver breaks his back, they will replace him.
Same, same.