Supervisors Retiring in 2010

Six Sides

I do not know of any supervisors retiring this year. After being denied the added bonus that all other levels of management received or will be receiving why would they.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do not know of any supervisors retiring this year. After being denied the added bonus that all other levels of management received or will be receiving why would they.
If they are looking for an equitable financial compensation as the people who got buyouts, they will need to work until the end of 2011.
Maybe they have figured that out and are effecting that plan.

Six Sides

If they are looking for an equitable financial compensation as the people who got buyouts, they will need to work until the end of 2011.
Maybe they have figured that out and are effecting that plan.
It will have to be longer then that to equal a years salary, pro rated MIP for two years, plus their normal pension and benefits.

Did the "The Plan" get to the number of mtgt. people they desired, or will any supervisor be allowed to get the same equitable financial given to upper level mtgt. employees?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

If 3 years ago a superviser made the decision to retire in 2010, why should the fact that someone higher up got a buyout this year change that. Supes aren't getting a reduction in pension, are they? Let it go man. 90% of the working world has to work until 65 or longer with no pension.

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
I personally think that this buyout was junk. THe first page of it was a seperation for waiting to be signed. THe rest of it was basically a years salary and they weren't going to get to keep the benefits. That is why we didn't have that many people take it. As far as it going down to the supervisors I don't see a buy out coming to them. What I do see is that we have a job in BFE for you to take, Oh What you don't want that job?, Please sign this seperation for then. Thanks and have a nice day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I personally think that this buyout was junk. THe first page of it was a seperation for waiting to be signed. THe rest of it was basically a years salary and they weren't going to get to keep the benefits. That is why we didn't have that many people take it. As far as it going down to the supervisors I don't see a buy out coming to them. What I do see is that we have a job in BFE for you to take, Oh What you don't want that job?, Please sign this seperation for then. Thanks and have a nice day.
I totally agree if the person was not turning 55 in 2010.

mg5

Just heard something similar to this from a local person who came back from corporate but no details. With all the moves yet to come on the Mgr. & Sup. levels next month
it will be interesting how things shake out to get to the 1800 number and what happens to next years 54- 55 year old sups and B/D folks who did not get any offers.
Will they just be told no positions for them?

Six Sides

It is an ongoing well orchestrated plan, giving a select group a golden parachute along with retirement. May will bring more changes as closed district’s deal with the admins, sups and managers.

The select group in my district that did not elect to take the buyout ( that will not turn 55 in 2010) by far outnumber the managers who took the offer, I would expect the "powers that be" knew this would happen, it will be interesting to see how this shakes out in the next few days.