Supervisors Working Grievance

I filed a grievance for 23 hours on my on car sup working 3 months ago. They just had their meeting today with labor and the union and I was told my grievances were being denied bc I didnt turn in proof.. ie pictures or video. Anyone else had this problem? Any steps that i can take to make them pay this grievance or just bite the bullet?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I filed a grievance for 23 hours on my on car sup working 3 months ago. They just had their meeting today with labor and the union and I was told my grievances were being denied bc I didnt turn in proof.. ie pictures or video. Anyone else had this problem? Any steps that i can take to make them pay this grievance or just bite the bullet?
If you didn't have proof, how'd you know it was 23hrs?

scooby0048

He left the building alone, came back alone, saw him returning to building both days.
So you're saying he ran a route>? If that was the case, there would be proof he had a helper or hourly based on time cards and such. C'mon gives us more details because if that's all you got, I'd say you're sol.

Yes, he ran a route by himself. His name was beside the magnet, drivers in the loop verified with his bussiness stops. No helper, no ride along. We were short staffed during a 4 day work week. They refused to print out his timecard for me both days. I cant take pictures of him working while im in a different area working myself. It is a logistics company and u would think they would be able to verify how many hours he punched for if it came to that.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yes, he ran a route by himself. His name was beside the magnet, drivers in the loop verified with his bussiness stops. No helper, no ride along. We were short staffed during a 4 day work week. They refused to print out his timecard for me both days. I cant take pictures of him working while im in a different area working myself. It is a logistics company and u would think they would be able to verify how many hours he punched for if it came to that.

There were no other drivers available

Rack em

Made the Podium
Unless they were out of drivers AND offered all PT employees to ride along then they violated the contract. Keep grieving it and tell you BA to do his job

scooby0048

Well if you had a good steward and BA, they would have been able to get the records from the DIAD log ons and log offs . Sounds like you're SOL and your union reps are in bed with management. Then again, this is UPS we're talking about, they make their own rules and never follow the contract.

Cementups

Box Monkey
And if you took pics or video they would say you wrongfully took them since you're not allowed to have devices to do so on UPS property.

BTW, this gives me an idea. We've had a problem lately of the package car unload up unloading cars before the unloader gets there. Every time I catch him I tell him, "That's hourly work," and he quickly drops the packages and runs away. But yet he continues to do it. So I guess I'm just going to have to record him doing it.

LS Nerd

Every time I catch him I tell him, "That's hourly work," and he quickly drops the packages and runs away. But yet he continues to do it. So I guess I'm just going to have to record him doing it.

8812959667411d5b4e3dea2a1373a0e1.png

Got an official answer today from our union. They said that they had exhausted all of the drivers and had no other options available but to put supervisors on the road. Is this not a payable grievance?

Keep in mind thiis was in July, not one temp was trained, guess they were too busy running misloads to train any1 and they didnt call the union to notify them. In my mind not every option is exhausted until every driver is working 13 hours. They were still sending pm dispatches to bring drivers in b4 9.5 both days while the sup was out delivering 12 and 11 hours.

BrownTexas

Got an official answer today from our union. They said that they had exhausted all of the drivers and had no other options available but to put supervisors on the road. Is this not a payable grievance?
Here, if they exhausted all options, which never happens, you are paid the difference in hours. If you work 8 and the sup drives 9. They will pay you an hour.

Nimnim

The Nim

If they exhaust all options for hourlies to work then they can work supervisors a reasonable amount. All hourlies should be used to lessen the time the sup is working though. If 5 drivers finish and the sup still has 2 hours worth of work they should be directed to take said work off the sup and if no hourlies are directed to take the work it wouldn't be unreasonable to grieve the extra time.

PT Car Washer

If they exhaust all options for hourlies to work then they can work supervisors a reasonable amount. All hourlies should be used to lessen the time the sup is working though. If 5 drivers finish and the sup still has 2 hours worth of work they should be directed to take said work off the sup and if no hourlies are directed to take the work it wouldn't be unreasonable to grieve the extra time.
When would a driver ever go out to help a sup. Much easier to file and get paid to sit at home.

Nimnim

The Nim
When would a driver ever go out to help a sup. Much easier to file and get paid to sit at home.

Agreed, but if management pushed and said other drivers refused to help then they could say they continued to exhaust all options. Grievances for sups working are hard to argue when hourlies refuse to do the work. All the depends on the strength of the local though.