Supplementary suicide discussion... please be respectful...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
pip

wow.

it takes a really strong individual to share something that personal with the rest of us.

God bless you and thankyou for sharing your experience.

d

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I agree with Danny, you must be a very strong person.

You have earned my highest respect.

I hope that Janice will find some truth to sustain her in the experience you shared.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I third that emotion. God bless you PIP, sounds like you've come a long way and can actually see through the murkiness in life that creeps up at you from time to time. It's an honorable person that can look inside of himself, see a need for change and be willing to change. Thanks for your encouraging post.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, but if the thread dies, we'll have to post about the death of the thread, try to place blame, make it a big downer, and just drag everything down with it.

Ya know, you need to go to the threads that hold your interest and leave everyone and the threads alone.
Mom always told me if I cant say something nice, shut the %^& up. Good advice.
And if you are saying what others are thinking, I think you think too highly of yourself. Those people who are thinking it quit coming to these two threads, hint, hint.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
PIP, Thank you. I started to post yesterday but erased it because I have no personal experience in this matter. Suicide has a stigma associated with it. It is something that is not easy to discuss or even admit to. Thank you for your thoughts. Your words are very profound.

I hope, Janice, that eventually you will be able to accept that there wasn't anything you did wrong.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
PIP I think it is very commendable and positive what you have brought to this forum, Thank you.

As PIP says, it is never as bad as it seems.
Being able to recognize that, no matter your state of mind, is the key.
My sister was manic-depressive, always suicidal.
But that was a chemical imbalance.
I have never got to that point, but when feeling that dragged down, I used to sleep, and sleep, and sleep. And if I woke up and didnt feel better, I slept some more. Til I woke up and felt better.
I could never put my family through that kind of pain. I have seen what it does to the ones left behind. I can stand pain better than them, and getting through every obstacle makes you stronger. I cannot imagine anything making one so much in pain to do that. I guess Im lucky.
Tomorrow will be different and hopefully better than your bad day.

Originally Posted by dillweed
I feel we should let this entire subject rest in peace.
BBAG…..Here here
As has been said by more than one…don’t want to read it, don’t click on the thread.

BBAG…….UPS is no more to blame for someone pulling the plug than this forum is.

If an individual is pre-disposed to suicidal tendencies, missing out on a good parking spot could push him over the edge. If a person is not of suicidal tendencies, nothing could push him to do it.

Somebody working for a company for 20+ years knows intimately how that company operates.

Nobody is to "Blame". NOBODY.

With all that being said, if I wanted to get freakin depressed, down, read awful stuff that Is not an added benefit - I'd turn on the news.

Anyone have the wheel here? Merry Freakin Christmas
Your insight to the human mind is astounding, I mean, how could anyone as young as you know so much about how the human mind and emotions work and still be a part time driver? Dr. BBAG, we are so honored to have your presence here. Actually, you lack of knowledge on this subject is glaring.

Yes, but if the thread dies, we'll have to post about the death of the thread, try to place blame, make it a big downer, and just drag everything down with it.

Now you are just being stupid. In fact if this thread had died after your first post we would not have been honored with the "true to life" experience of PIP. Thanks for sharing that with us PIP.

I promise you - I am only stating what many others are thinking, but feel it would be too crass to state out loud.

Oh crap!!! Did I miss the election that put you in charge of what other people think and want.???? Why didn’t I get a ballot?

Dannyboy - Anymore sayings come to mind? Because I just really live for your thoughts, oh wise one.

I’ve got one that fits you pretty well “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." A.Lincoln

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
TRPLNKL - You wouldn't actually have an ORIGINAL thought rolling around in there somewhere, would you?

Because that was alot of space to use to just retype stuff that has beed said again & again.

FOUR

TRPLNKL - You wouldn't actually have an ORIGINAL thought rolling around in there somewhere, would you?

Because that was alot of space to use to just retype stuff that has beed said again & again.

FOUR
I have many original thoughts, but you wouldn't understand them. Why not just answer to what I wrote to you?
The fact is, you have come to a thread five times now about a subject you are wanting to go away. WHY?
If my redundancy bothers you, just put me on ignore.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Suicide has a stigma associated with it. It is something that is not easy to discuss or even admit to.

dill

one of the reasons is that in many of the cases, there is a huge lack of insight as to why, because the person in question is no longer there to share why.

that is what makes what pip shared so ........i really dont have words for it. maybe priceless?

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That is true Danny. And maybe even a little deeper than that. I can only imagine the feeling of failure the person, who has commited suicide, goes through before hand.

Pip definately has added a perspective that most people don't know.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dill

he has one more that you did not mention. and that is the cruel $ob's that crack jokes about not even being able to do that right.

his being able to survive, pull his life around, and then post plainly and honestly about it, ......

d

Dfigtree

I am the youngest of a three child family. The other two died by their own hand. My brother's suicide you can chalk up to self destructive behavior, shooting heroin on the Lower East Side; my sister's to a freight train in Sylmar, CA. The issues they were dealing with were not simply financial in nature. They were more on the order of being molested, being addicted drugs and alcohol and low self esteem. My brother was a genius having won many scholarly awards. My sister was a world class poet. She left a 23 year old daughter all alone. She could not have thought about the damage her suicide would cause to her daughter. Death by freight train is an act I still, 9 years later, that I still cannot comprehend. To read the police report is a chilling experience. As far as UPS goes, there is no training on how to deal with suicide or suicidal tendencies. You get more training on how to report sick days.

deepsouthmamaw

Often there is a trigger, some final stressor that may push a person to suicide. If you had a gun and you pulled the triger you would be found guilty of murder no mater what state of mind the victim was in.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
If you had a gun and you pulled the trigger you would be found guilty of murder no mater what state of mind the victim was in.

while it would be nice to think our justice system works this way, it does not.

several cases.

cop gets called to a dispute at a home. after getting back up at the scene, he asks if there is anyone upstairs or if there are any guns in the home. nope, no guns, and no one is upstairs.

cop goes up the stairs and as soon as he gets to the top and turns around the corner, is shot right between the eyes. his children and wife, left behind. shooter is not found guilty of first degree. and a big deal was made that the shooter was black, the cop white, and the shooter could not get a fair trial.

another

couple siting in their home when another couple stops by. someone they know well and have been taking the wife to her chemo sessions so her husband does not have to take off from work. as they sit there and talk the hubby of the woman with cancer takes out a gun, shoots the other woman twice, once in the face, once in the side as she falls. then empties the gun into her husband, who is now chasing him out of the house. two shots strike the face, one passing into the chest, and the other two, direct hits to the chest area.

the shooter leaves to get the other gun out of his car, then when he cant get back in, leaves to shoot the pastor of the church. hes not home, so he goes to the corner store and calls the police on himself.

the shooting victims "survive" for a while, but the injuries ultimately kill them. the shooter is out of jail before they are out of the hospital. he never serves one day of jail time for his crime, and is living free in a neighborhood where nobody knows, and i cant tell them for fear of being sued.

so no, it does not work that way.

as for one taking ones own life, that is an act of desperation, a feeling of not having another option. to that person, it is the only logical answer to their problems.

that is why help is critical in prevention.

d