Suppose you have to kill a family of 5 before you lose your job!...Thanks Union!

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Not trying to get nothing started again but what's the general reprimand for being caught driving without your seatbeat and bulkhead door open?

SWORDFISH

Not trying to get nothing started again but what's the general reprimand for being caught driving without your seatbeat and bulkhead door open?

I was fired years ago for driving across a business parking lot w/ out my seat belt on. Reduced to a warning at center level. I wasnt even aware I did it til the supe watching said something. Bad excuse but got distracted by a very hot customer:knockedout:

I have an update to my original post on the DUIs in my center. The person w/ 1 got it reduced it court to a reckless driving so he kept his job. The other person w/ 2 DUI had thier case go to arbitration after a year of being put on temporary work. Arbitration decided against this person so they were terminated and now is in appeal. I have not heard anything on the 3rd DUI. I need to ask about it. So this news should make the poster happy.

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Well nothing happened with me and its not worth going into details but I can clearly recognize employee/mgmt. fraternization/favoritism.

brownone

Finally a thread compalining about the union doing what it is suppose to, represent the members! Its been a long time since someone complained about the union actually doing their job. I would love to see more threads like this.

If I worked in this area, I would now go to wokr with a little stagger in my step, nothing like knowing your uniion has your back and will fight for you.

God Bless the Teamsters!!!

Wonder if you would have the swagger in your step if he kills your family the next time he drinks and drives. DUI=Loser That being said if the union does not defend to the limits of the contract they would be open to being sued.

Omega man

Unfrigginbelievealbe!!!....I've supported the Union for over 8 years just to keep myself from gaining seniority. Or; basically cutting my own throat! Well, we've had a fellow employee at our center that manged to get two DUI's within a two month period last year and was "terminated"by the Company after the 2nd one. His 1st one caused an accident that resulted in him T-boning another vehicle. A month later the 2nd one resulted from a traffic stop. So this driver chooses to run a route for 2 days w/o a license before he decided to fess up to the 2nd DUI. Make a long story short, the Uniongoes to bat for him; spends 6 or 7 monthsof negotiations on his behalf (for whatever reason)and low and behold he gets his job back starting 04/05/2010. Meanwhile as a result of my payroll deductions to the Union I get go back to 20 hrs. a week and give up my bid route to accomodate this fine driver. Hell!!! I may as well be the one getting reprimanded!!! I will be withdrawing from the Union immediately and taking my chances with THE COMPANY. I can no longer afford to support the Union on a limited income....My kids gotta eat.

Better yet, why don't you just save us all the whining and go into management.