Sups bringing you misloads

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love hearing all of you talk about there not being enough jobs and that UPS needs to staff at greater levels. You ever stop to wonder why that is? Ask any person that is remotely familiar with economics.....unions cause unemployment. When wages exceed what the market demands, less jobs are created. It really is that simple.

$5,000,000,000

cino321

when they shuttle to me-i ask them what their next 5 stops are...if i give them offroutes-i let driver know they are coming that way. drivers in our center work together to gather intel. the scam seems to be the same. supes leave bldg at 1030 with packages left behind.they shuttle offroutes till 2-3pm,, then help the good guys they bury with work who wont file--then they might grab a bulk pickup and head in. then they do supervisor work-cbt,dok,timecard adjusting-to make sure the NUMBER is made for day...really sad..but -they signed up for it

Bottom management such as PT/FT sups are the cheapest labor UPS has. Think about it, they're salaried, they pay for part of their crappy medical, never call out sick, and do not go out on comp. The joke's on them as much as it is on us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why do you feel the contract needs to be violated to service a customer? The company just needs to staff a shuttle/utility driver to service the misloads with a union employee.

This would be the ideal solution but how many operations are going to pay an employee on a "just in case" basis? My preloader loads 3 pkg cars and normally does not have any misloads---when he does they are either out of syncs, which are not really his fault (should be comparing PALs to labels), or plain old msloads, which are generally for a town 1 hour from the center. These normally do not get run off and are sheeted as missed. In-town misloads are either run off or left on area to be picked up and shuttled.

Our center manager told me that he has to spend 40-50% of his time doing OAO's and he tries to combine those with shuttling misloads when possible.

Now that you made such a good point he will stop responding and move onto another thread.

I was actually watching the Red Sox game and fell asleep.

It's unlikely that we're that fortunate.

Tough talk for a 30 day wonder.

Indecisi0n

This would be the ideal solution but how many operations are going to pay an employee on a "just in case" basis? My preloader loads 3 pkg cars and normally does not have any misloads---when he does they are either out of syncs, which are not really his fault (should be comparing PALs to labels), or plain old msloads, which are generally for a town 1 hour from the center. These normally do not get run off and are sheeted as missed. In-town misloads are either run off or left on area to be picked up and shuttled.

Our center manager told me that he has to spend 40-50% of his time doing OAO's and he tries to combine those with shuttling misloads when possible.

I was actually watching the Red Sox game and fell asleep.

Tough talk for a 30 day wonder.

In your bubble wouldn't you say it is his fault for not checking PAL's?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
when they shuttle to me-i ask them what their next 5 stops are...if i give them offroutes-i let driver know they are coming that way. drivers in our center work together to gather intel. the scam seems to be the same. supes leave bldg at 1030 with packages left behind.they shuttle offroutes till 2-3pm,, then help the good guys they bury with work who wont file--then they might grab a bulk pickup and head in. then they do supervisor work-cbt,dok,timecard adjusting-to make sure the NUMBER is made for day...really sad..but -they signed up for it

ya-right....

yeldarb

File. Maybe eventually they wii realize it is cheaper to hire another preloader at 8.50 an hour than paying 46.00 ot to deliver it, this creating fewer misloads.