Sure Post is killing driving jobs!

STFXG

That's true. Both services were pitched as being used to handle smalls. Envelopes and small items. Shippers figured out its cheap and have been taking advantage. Can't blame them...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our customer is the shipper but I agree with you.
I hate to see an e-mail for something I ordered with a Surepost service level.
That is why I am a Prime Amazon member and order probably 90% through Amazon.

The "our customer is the shipper" argument doesn't hold water.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The "our customer is the shipper" argument doesn't hold water.

I don't know about water but they're the ones that keep us in business.
You seem to have some emotional relationship with your delivery customers.
They'll throw you under the bus for a dollar a package.
It's simple math to our customers and the technology and logistical services provided to our shippers don't really work for consignees.
I think UPS makes concessions to cost and efficiencies to our larger consignees. If we do not, then that is not smart business.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't know about water but they're the ones that keep us in business.
You seem to have some emotional relationship with your delivery customers.
They'll throw you under the bus for a dollar a package.
It's simple math to our customers and the technology and logistical services provided to our shippers don't really work for consignees.
I think UPS makes concessions to cost and efficiencies to our larger consignees. If we do not, then that is not smart business.

Shippers don't randomly send stuff to people. I'm pretty sure it has to be ordered by someone.

rudy5150

Maybe if everyone drivers and loaders stopped working like idiots (lifting overweights by yerself, too fast which causes accidents and injuries) slow down much many more jobs would be out there. The 1st one to bitch is also the 1st one to say hey boss look at me im a super hero :)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe if everyone drivers and loaders stopped working like idiots (lifting overweights by yerself, too fast which causes accidents and injuries) slow down much many more jobs would be out there. The 1st one to bitch is also the 1st one to say hey boss look at me im a super hero :)

This thread is about Surepost.
If you posted this in the wrong thread, send me a PM and I will move it to where you meant to post.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good point but this time of year you do what it takes to get the job done.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Tha reason you had a single surepost package is because the consignee was forcasted to have a reg package and it didnt make it. the regular ups pkg will show up in a day or two.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Looks like it is time to use a pressure brush to get that dog turd off your boots.
People are free to get upset with me, but someone needs to help with the double-standard issue. Had another poster said some of the things Captain-Post-Alot has been saying lately, they would get reprimanded by him. I simply feel that the job should be done the same all year. Of course, I am different than most.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Looks like it is time to use a pressure brush to get that dog turd off your boots.
People are free to get upset with me, but someone needs to help with the double-standard issue. Had another poster said some of the things Captain-Post-Alot has been saying lately, they would get reprimanded by him. I simply feel that the job should be done the same all year. Of course, I am different than most.

Most of us do the job the same 11 months outta the year. For one month anything goes.