Sure post .... Is yours off the package car?

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Hearing about all sure post going directly to post office, is this the case in your area?
It is in our area. Up to about 1500 or so packages per PO in our area. What would take me 2 hours now takes me 4-5 hours, sometimes longer. Re-directs were turned off in our building. Have put large boxes and boxes over 20-30-40 pounds in the bins at the PO.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'm tracking a usps package right now. It says it was out for delivery yesterday...didn't happen. I thought surely today then. nope. I checked the tracking today and the delivery date had been magically changed to the 9th. We shall see.

BrownThunder

Bulk sure post stops are delivered via rental truck. My buddy told me yesterday he did 3 separate stops... From one truck.... All unbagged

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Bulk sure post stops are delivered via rental truck. My buddy told me yesterday he did 3 separate stops... From one truck.... All unbagged
This would be correct. I do 2 PO out of one 26' rental, brother does 3 PO out of 2 trucks. All of his are un bagged. Mine are now 75% unbagged.

Bottom rung

We aren't delivering any of it. I go into an apartment office with twenty five la/res. Mailman comes in with twenty surepost. They won't give me the surepost at that address probably because it makes sense and I'm a thief so any idea I have is nonsense. I get asked all the time where the surepost pkg is because it was scanned at the same time as their other pkgs at the building. Surepost is a joke.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We aren't delivering any of it. I go into an apartment office with twenty five la/res. Mailman comes in with twenty surepost. They won't give me the surepost at that address probably because it makes sense and I'm a thief so any idea I have is nonsense. I get asked all the time where the surepost pkg is because it was scanned at the same time as their other pkgs at the building. Surepost is a joke.
File. That's your work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wonder how taking back 50-75% of this truck might pan out for a Reg/Temp. However, I will pull my shop steward aside in the morning and take a look at the truck with him and see how we shall proceed.
Considering we just took Diad training a few months ago that we were to pull this stuff because it isn't surepost.

I'd think you'd be just fine.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So if I slow down at the post office it becomes more cost effective for teamsters to have the final delivery? ;)
7efb5c9b51c3d305fd42d11e1a49e389219bbe2c4379c8ee4cf3fed2c22ec97b.jpg

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
So there's a easy and immediate solution to this Surepost debacle. Sign up for the Premium MyChoice account and all of your Surepost automatically get upgraded to ground service for free. The membership cost $40 a year, $35 for an employee. I've been telling all of my customers. Go to upsers.com and look up employee discounts and all the info is there. All of my Surepost gets delivered directly to my house and I love it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wonder how taking back 50-75% of this truck might pan out for a Reg/Temp. However, I will pull my shop steward aside in the morning and take a look at the truck with him and see how we shall proceed.

You should proceed by delivering them as addressed, which means delivering the Surepost to the PO.

Brownslave is a permanent employee-----you are not.