Sure post .... Is yours off the package car?

10 point

was told to give the post office whatever was supposed to be given to them, regardless of size. let them deal with it later
I found two pkgs dispatched to the p.o.that were going to the same address one day last week.

I called the PDS and asked him if he wanted me to bring them back, deliver them to the final mile address, or file.

He said to pull them out of surepost and deliver them.

So far, the abuse hasn't been as bad as last year's surepost fiasco tho.

watdaflock?

surepost bags everywhere in our lil hub. Of course, when you are in the middle of nowhere in the Midwest, surrounded by cornfields, you like surepost bags.

By The Book

I found two pkgs dispatched to the p.o.that were going to the same address one day last week.

I called the PDS and asked him if he wanted me to bring them back, deliver them to the final mile address, or file.

He said to pull them out of surepost and deliver them.

So far, the abuse hasn't been as bad as last year's surepost fiasco tho.
What was your sure post fiasco last year?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I think the union is focusing on the size limits is a joke lets talk about 1% of pkgs oversized or 50% or more of pkgs that could be a proximity delivery sent out and delivered by us.... Proximity should mean more than just next door or the same stop...
Enforcing the size limits is a lot easier than the proximity. The language is very vague for proximity. Clear cut on size.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What would you consider close proximity? Same block, three houses down, house next door, if we drive past their front door? These seem close to me how about you?
I leave it to the dispatcher to figure it out. Usually if we are going to be within a few houses we will deliver it. On heavy days though I encourage him to send a little more to the PO. I would rather it go there than gamble with guys getting 13 hour dispatches.

If a guy is planned to have a helper I encourage him to give the drivers anything that he will for sure drive past as we can get it off easier with a helper. If a helper and driver want to work I will give it to them no problem.

The good part about SurePost this time of year is people often are getting multiple SurePost packages on the same day. Means we don't have to think about it. Load it in the car, we're delivering it.

opey

its not really clear cut on size unless you intend to break out a tape measure for every somewhat large package and measure 3 sides and do the math, and also have a scale handy to weigh each one that feels heavier than a pillow

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I leave it to the dispatcher to figure it out. Usually if we are going to be within a few houses we will deliver it. On heavy days though I encourage him to send a little more to the PO. I would rather it go there than gamble with guys getting 13 hour dispatches.

If a guy is planned to have a helper I encourage him to give the drivers anything that he will for sure drive past as we can get it off easier with a helper. If a helper and driver want to work I will give it to them no problem.

The good part about SurePost this time of year is people often are getting multiple SurePost packages on the same day. Means we don't have to think about it. Load it in the car, we're delivering it.
But it shouldn't be up to an individual. There should be a system in place that automatically kicks out the packages.

By The Book

But it shouldn't be up to an individual. There should be a system in place that automatically kicks out the packages.
It's in place here, they just turn it off when they want apparently. You'll know it's working and in place of you have a small sure post pkg and another pkg on the same day.

By The Book

Could be advanced volume, or size or weight also. It could be 2 day or next day pm guarantee also. Maybe they are giving you those proximity to get your hours up so the guys new to your route are busy enough also. If they advanced volume you should be at those addresses tomorrow.