sure post packages

snl blue

Can someone please explain to me how sure post is supposed to work? I think we are getting the shaft at our center. I deliver to the post office and I see a lot of packages that are supposed to be delivered to the post office that I am going by on the same streets or roads with my normal delivers for that day. Are we supposed to get these or is dispatch just giving you a few here and there when they want to? If this is contact violation how do you file on it

CHALLY9TX

Let's say you have a delivery for 123 Main st and there's also a pkg for 123 main st going to the PO....We should be delivering both. Also no packages going to the PO should be more than 10 pounds or greater than 3 cubic feet. The NMA explains it better. File under article 26 section 4 of the NMA

barnyard

KTM rider
Best thing to do is post about it on the internet. Surepost is brand new and no one has ever posted about it before.

Good job.

snl blue

We do del both. I am talking about if you have one for 235 main st that I am supposed to del and I see one for 234 main st going to the post office am I not supposed to get that one too instead of taking it to the post office

snl blue

I understand the 10 pounds and the 3 cubic feet.Article 26 says something about being in the area or vacinity of your delivering or same street or road you deliver these to the address not the post office

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Were supposed to get the surepost if theres more than 1 package going there meaning if 1 ground is surepost and the other is regular ground then we should be the default carrier for that address.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I understand the 10 pounds and the 3 cubic feet.Article 26 says something about being in the area or vacinity of your delivering or same street or road you deliver these to the address not the post office
Close proximity I believe is the wording. File on it. The union should of pushed for better language like 1/4 mile 1/2 mile or something.

CHALLY9TX

We do del both. I am talking about if you have one for 235 main st that I am supposed to del and I see one for 234 main st going to the post office am I not supposed to get that one too instead of taking it to the post office

That language is kinda vague so I would say no. Wouldn't hurt to file on it though.

Brownslave688

That language is kinda vague so I would say no. Wouldn't hurt to file on it though.
Yes you are. It was supposedly one of our biggest wins of the whole contract.

Close proximity may be vague but even ups isn't dense enough to argue next door isn't close proximity.

Last edited:

snl blue

Example today had 2 del for say 800 main and 840 main then dispatch gives me a sure post for 749 main. Then one street over I have del for 700 church st. Then I go del the post office and I see a sure post for 740 church st to be del to post office. Here is where the confusion is, dispatch just giving you some when they want to or do they not give them to you so they can say the volume is down so they can cut a route out

Brownslave688

Example today had 2 del for say 800 main and 840 main then dispatch gives me a sure post for 749 main. Then one street over I have del for 700 church st. Then I go del the post office and I see a sure post for 740 church st to be del to post office. Here is where the confusion is, dispatch just giving you some when they want to or do they not give them to you so they can say the volume is down so they can cut a route out
Dispatch doesn't individually pick out stops like I'm thinking you think.

It's all automatic through ups Magic system.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Its economy shipping and bagged up to rip us off for credit and time allowance. Its because we put the post office packages on our planes and save the customer shipping costs. When we deliver the post office it takes them a whole day to scan them in so they might go the following day. Customers look on line and see its delivered but don't see its the post office first . We make money is the bottom line.

onestoptogo

I deliver to the P.O. every day. One interesting thing I have noticed that some shag stops will still go to the Post Office even when two or more surepost packages exist with no corresponding ground packages in our load. One particular stop takes a good 20 minutes and is obviously flagged to give it to the Post Office even with multiple sure posts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its economy shipping and bagged up to rip us off for credit and time allowance. Its because we put the post office packages on our planes and save the customer shipping costs. When we deliver the post office it takes them a whole day to scan them in so they might go the following day. Customers look on line and see its delivered but don't see its the post office first . We make money is the bottom line.

This is not true. I ordered the new John Grisham book and the tracking clearly showed that it had been transferred to the USPS for final delivery.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, if you have one for 235 Main St, you should also be given the Surepost for 234 Main St.