sure post packages

oldngray

nowhere special
I got an Amazon Surepost package last week. UPS tracked it until it was delivered to the post office, then USPS delivered it to me the next day (no tracking for that).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got an Amazon Surepost package last week. UPS tracked it until it was delivered to the post office, then USPS delivered it to me the next day (no tracking for that).

I tracked mine and asked that it be held at the center but it had already been processed by the time I made the request.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I run a pretty rural area. I have had many surepost parcels loaded in my TP60 that are no where near any other of my ground stops. Many times I am delivering single surepost that are 3 to 4 miles out of my way.

snl blue

Are those del on the same road, because that's the way I understand the language in the contract and ups is not following the contract in our center

upschuck

Do you think that it might be when that Surepost package gets scanned? The Surepost package going to the PO might have been scanned before the "system" knew about the other one in "close proximity". I'm sure the system needs to be tweaked, but I'm sure some are also time related. To get all Surepost packages going to the correct location would require all Surepost scanned after all other have been processed.

snl blue

Maybe, we get routes cut out a lot so if we are supposed to be delivering these packages I am thinking this would keep them in. If you get 8 to 10 surepost a day then this would keep the route in and every other route would run their stuff and have enough to plan and not be running all over the country

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you think that it might be when that Surepost package gets scanned? The Surepost package going to the PO might have been scanned before the "system" knew about the other one in "close proximity". I'm sure the system needs to be tweaked, but I'm sure some are also time related. To get all Surepost packages going to the correct location would require all Surepost scanned after all other have been processed.
First surepost is one of the last things processed at a lot of centers. Second it's based on forecasted packages. Here in lies the problem.

Even our sups complain about how terrible our package forecasts are. I've seen forecasts off by multiple trailers. If all of our customers know they are getting a package how in the hell do we not know they are getting them?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It seems fairly clear UPS is using the wiggle room on surepost packages as a dispatch tool.
Dispatch has its hands full as it is and I can promise you they are not shifting through thousands of surepost tracking numbers to get stop counts and route numbers just right.

This is an automated system that kicks out packages when it needs to but it is greatly flawed. I have seen it many times. The system flags the stop as needed (black pal label) but for some reason edd keeps the post office address as final delivery point.